• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thank you for all the kind words. It was a lot of fun riding around the Ozarks with you guys. It’s tough living up here but I manage. Here are a few of my photos. Mt. Nebo, Mulberry River, Ft. Douglas Bridge, Haw Creek Falls and Mt. Magazine.

Last edited:
You passed very close by our place - about 50 miles north of the Red River and 50 miles west of Arkansas.

Nice pix, and nice route. A couple of tips about loading pix....

If you use a hosting site and just put the link on TWT instead of the actual picture, size restrictions will cease to be an issue. Many here use Smugmug for free, as has been discussed in a recent thread. I use Flickr. I'm sure there are others as well.

If you want to continue doing direct uploads to TWT, you can always compress your pictures before loading. There are various ways to do so; I use a free tool called Photo Compressor Lite. It will compress your pictures up to about 90%. While a highly compressed picture isn't much good for wedding photos or gigantic blowups, you really won't be able to see much difference to the picture as presented on this page.

You know ,kind of joke on me and my generation . Course the things I've heard about it certainly do not appeal to me for sure

You know ,kind of joke on me and my generation . Course the things I've heard about it certainly do not appeal to me for sure
It's ok, younger people ask, "What is an Internet Forum?" and are actually serious.

For my kids, Facebook is for old people. They use instagram, snapchat and large group message apps.

Personally...I'll use any and all forms of communication that work. Facebook is just another tool.

Jarrett....looks like a great trip. Arkansas rarely disappoints. I've done at least a dozen trips there.

Looking at your routes, you came SOOOO... close to a really great ride!

Where you run Hwy 7 North of Russellville, there is Hwy 27 and Old Hwy 27. Hwy 27 has recently been repaved and is super smooth and twisty running NE up toward Marshall. Old Hwy 27 runs South from that V on Hwy 16. The top third is new pavement, the middle third is hard packed gravel, and the bottom third is older but still excellent pavement. It is narrow and winds through the woods.

Looks like an awesome time. Hoping to make it to Arkansas within the year.

Looking at your routes, you came SOOOO... close to a really great ride!

Where you run Hwy 7 North of Russellville, there is Hwy 27 and Old Hwy 27. Hwy 27 has recently been repaved and is super smooth and twisty running NE up toward Marshall. Old Hwy 27 runs South from that V on Hwy 16. The top third is new pavement, the middle third is hard packed gravel, and the bottom third is older but still excellent pavement. It is narrow and winds through the woods.

If we would have had another day I would have taken them up 27 and 14 to Push Mountain Road, then over to Melbourne for a ride down 9 back towards Mountain View. You can also take the road through Snowball to get
Marshall. It’s just as good as 27 and has even less traffic.

I didn’t take old 27 because I was on my Goldwing and we had a Harley cruiser in our group. I like to take Old 27 to get up to 16, then run up Falling Water road and Richland road up to Bass. Those roads are nice gravel with incredible water scenery.

Here’s some recent photos from Bass, Richland Creek and Falling Water.

Falling Water Falls

Richland Creek

Near Bass

I heard there were bears and big foots on the parkway. I never seen either, looks like I still haven’t. [emoji23]

Nice trip

I heard there were bears and big foots on the parkway. I never seen either, looks like I still haven’t. [emoji23]

I didn't realize how special of an event it was to see a bear until I called Donnie to tell him about it. Apparently, it is a rare sighting up there.

It made my whole day. I pulled into the garage at home 6 hours after seeing it. My daughter walked out into the garage as I was pulling my helmet off and asked how the trip went. The first thing out of my mouth as the helmet came off was, "I saw a bear!" :D

I thought you said that was an Arkansas Gold Wing? ;)
I hate to clean up all that dust! I rode Warloop Road yesterday on my DR 650. I think I could ride that road on the Goldwing if I wasn’t worried about scratching up the exhaust. I don’t know why everyone thinks it is so difficult.

You should have seen Mike's Harley after 11 miles on the gravel, whew. It needed a bath.
I wrote "wash me" in the dust on the back of his bags when we got to the Lodge :rofl:

He was cussing me during the ride, but afterward, that was the part of the trip he talked about the most :)

My Garmin sent us down this section of gravel road. It was fantastic on my ADV bike, not so much on a Harley apparently:

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have seen Mike's Harley after 11 miles on the gravel, whew. It needed a bath.
I wrote "wash me" in the dust on the back of his bags when we got to the Lodge :rofl:

He was cussing me during the ride, but afterward, that was the part of the trip he talked about the most :)

My Garmin sent us down this section of gravel road. It was fantastic on my ADV bike, not so much on a Harley apparently:

A new conversion ?

Nice ride report & pics! I love riding in that area of Arkansas, such great roads & riding up there.

Back