• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend 2011 - Feb 24-27, Terlingua

I didn't make the trip as my tow vehicle (my wife's truck) was totaled 2 days before I was scheduled to leave:giveup:

Did anyone ride Casa Piedra road from 170 to Marfa? If so, how was it? I've read the trip reports but don't think I've seen it mentioned. That's one of the roads I'd planned on riding....

A bunch rode that. It was my first DS ride on a KLR I've only had a few months. The road was freshly graded, a month or so ago. Only a couple sandy spots. Good ride. Pinto Canyon was much better, in terms of ride and view. IMHO

I went last year. Worth the trip!

1094560808_D5zNq-L.jpg

1094560975_wj2GA-L.jpg

Hi Jeff, How do you access this point? We are making a family (4x4) trip out there soon-ish, plus I'll be on board an expedition (4x4) trip through Big Bend as a photographer/video guy.

Oh yeah, the inspection station is right past the overlook, so don't go past it if you don't have a permit.

Peguis Canyon

You'll see this monument on the left as you approach
the turn out. Can't miss it.

1202320292_EweXK-L.jpg

Very nice pictures Scott, now I am really frustrated with mine....

Re: Peguis Canyon

You might even see Super_Dave about to jump the canyon on his Super Bike!

2011_Feb_042.jpg

OMG.... WHAT A RIOT!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I should had pointed it the other way for an action shot!
Wait... why is there not a landing ramp on the other side?

I did the tourist thing on Friday, leading CDC, M38A1, Solorider and Joel (I forget his screename :doh:) around the park hitting the main things you have to see on your first trip. Saturday M38A1 and I wandered out 170 heading west with the some loose goals. The only goal we achieved was having a good time and getting some good photos. I'm feeling a bit lazy, so here is a link to my gallery. I trimed my 100 some odd pictures down to the 26 best, so it's not a lot to look at.

http://woodbutcher.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Around-the-Bend-2011/16069836_Wet2y

Back