• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend & Lone Star Reunion Feb 28 - Mar 3, 2019

And my wife and I will be here also. Oh wait, we live here now! Hope you are coming out Friday night to our place. Robert
Just curious. Are you the one and the same Robert that sold me a MG Norge several years ago in your Austin store? I flew in from Afghanistan to ride home to Illinois. You called another guy from my home area whom I later became friends with. I am in Texas now and thinking about trying to make this trip.

Just curious. Are you the one and the same Robert that sold me a MG Norge several years ago in your Austin store? I flew in from Afghanistan to ride home to Illinois. You called another guy from my home area whom I later became friends with. I am in Texas now and thinking about trying to make this trip.

Yes, that's me. Paul Vinnedge was my friend in Peoria. He was down here last year and we got together. And I remember you but not your name. Old age I guess. Sure hope you can make it. Our camper is still open at this time if you need a place to stay. PM me and I can give you my contact info.
Robert

Yes, that's me. Paul Vinnedge was my friend in Peoria. He was down here last year and we got together. And I remember you but not your name. Old age I guess. Sure hope you can make it. Our camper is still open at this time if you need a place to stay. PM me and I can give you my contact info.
Robert
PM will be sent. Funny how it is. Little things like this brighten an old soldier's day. Thank you sir.

PM will be sent. Funny how it is. Little things like this brighten an old soldier's day. Thank you sir.

PM sent. And I think you are younger than I am. Got a dirt bike to bring down? If not, maybe we could loan you a TW200 or something.

And my wife and I will be here also. Oh wait, we live here now! Hope you are coming out Friday night to our place. Robert

Yes sir we will!

As a side note, TCSO has gone back to brand new BMW's. They used Harleys for a few years but are just using those for the rodeo's now. I'm not on motors. I was briefly but broke my leg in 2014 on an ST1300 with them. I went back to regular patrol with 4 wheels, AC in the summer and heat in the winter.

I'll be good to see you again, it's been a long minute.

Looking forward to it. And where are they getting their new bikes?
Robert

I didn't ask. Apparently it's from a dealership that doesn't care to be paid in a timely manner.

I'm in, registered and paid. Looking forward to some great riding, it has been too long! Planning on camping at Lost Gringo RV park.

We'll have a group of 15 or so guys at Lost Gringo. Its nice, quiet, and usually just a handfull of rv lanes are taken. Also, Tim is our buddy, owns the speed shop at the back of the little valley the rv park is in. 5 or 7 miles to study butte, 1/3 mile to Starlight, front porch, or El Dorado.

Last edited:
Anyone else planning on camping in BBNP? Looks like Rattlesnake Mountain Campsite is the best bet (15 min from ride HQ) with Croton Springs as a backup (20 min) I'll probably end up with the truck/bbq at one of those, let me know if anyone wants to share a site!

Attachments

• uU0AULB.png
    uU0AULB.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 225
Anyone else planning on camping in BBNP? Looks like Rattlesnake Mountain Campsite is the best bet (15 min from ride HQ) with Croton Springs as a backup (20 min) I'll probably end up with the truck/bbq at one of those, let me know if anyone wants to share a site!
I was planning on camping in the BBNP, but due to the issues with the government shutdown, and also I need electricity for my CPAP device, I decided to camp at Study Butte.

I was planning on camping in the BBNP, but due to the issues with the government shutdown, and also I need electricity for my CPAP device, I decided to camp at Study Butte.
For this rally, I think staying in the Study Butte area makes more sense. But, if you choose to stay in the park, I doubt the shutdown will still be a factor.

I have my CPAP rigged up for 12volt use in case of emergencies or to take camping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I have my CPAP rigged up for 12volt use in case of emergencies or to take camping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I can do 2 nights with my battery set up, I am going to be out on the road for 5-6 nights total. And the other thing is the only showers in the BBNP are over at the very east end of the park at Rio Grand Village.

For this rally, I think staying in the Study Butte area makes more sense. But, if you choose to stay in the park, I doubt the shutdown will still be a factor.

Do they have showers/bathrooms there?

Back