• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend & Lone Star Reunion Feb 28 - Mar 3, 2019

This site is 2 adults, and can hold 2 back pack tents. I could ask for a larger site or you can reserve one next to site #3. If Loydinator replys that he is in, you could split the cost of that second site.

As for the bike, he said they aren't allowed at the camp sites but the parking lot is close and has had zero crime issues. Looks like the host may be located on site.

If I can’t park my bike my camp, I will find someplace else. Thanks for checking.

Sure. We have the room. Only 5 miles north of the Motor Inn. I don't have them handy but Woodbutcher has the GPS coordinates. Robert

Robert looks like l may be in line to stay at your place also, if room available.

:ponder:Now that I'm losing camp site mates left and right, I may consider Roberts place as well. I'd like to get some more information such as location before I change it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I won’t be able to go, my plans changed and I won’t have a car available to trailer my bike. Thanks for the help.

Ocho, what kind of bike are you running? I'm truck bedding my DR650 out from Austin and can probably squeeze another bike on if its less that ~400 lbs (pretty much anything but a bmw 1200)

I rode that one a few weeks back with the group. Trying to get a sense of my level of riding skills. Thanks

Ocho, what kind of bike are you running? I'm truck bedding my DR650 out from Austin and can probably squeeze another bike on if its less that ~400 lbs (pretty much anything but a bmw 1200)

That's very generous of you. I've been talking with my gf and we decided to do a different trip in March, so I'll skip this one. Thanks though!

Black Gap has the toughest single section - especially if run north to south, but nearly no one does that. The "gap" itself and the hill north of it. The rest of Black Gap is fast, fun, easy-ish. Old Ore: there's no one 'hard part' but there are long parts with big, lose rocks. River Road is all about sand and small, deep gravel - but the park has had a decent amount of rain over the winter, many hiking trails in the Chisos are nearly washed out. So, that might mean River Road isn't the sand-bowl it was last year.

Nothing in the national park is particularly technical. I think these Round the Bend's average one ambulance ride per year ;-).

If you are looking for more technical riding then the State Park is what you want, but be aware of what you are getting yourself into - fuel issues due to distance, very, very desolate, lack of any services, need for water, etc.

That said - I plan to play there this trip! :)

I'm planning to make the trip, my first time riding in BB... Is anyone staying in the National Park? Is it too far away?

I'm planning to make the trip, my first time riding in BB... Is anyone staying in the National Park? Is it too far away?

Check out page 3 of this thread. There is some good discussion on camping within the park and in/around Terlingua. Your welcome to join me at the site I located. I have a link to it.

I think the consensus is that camping in the park is fairly far from the rally meet up spot in Terlingua and that a camp site in the park is not a guaranteed thing.

Hello,

We have a small, campground on our ranch, just outside of BBRSP. This is a tent campsite and while we have a single site that is "developed" we also have other dispersed sites on the ranch. Please feel free to look around at the social media and message, call, text, etc as needed with questions. We also have wood available for purchase on the ranch at 4 cubic feet. While we do not have formal showers there is a local RV park that will sell individual showers. We are located about a 1.5 miles up Casa Piedra Road from the intersection of FM170 "The River Road" and Casa Piedra Road. Call, text or email.

FYI, we are located roughly 7 miles East of Presidio, Texas for a general frame of reference.

Take care,

Rio Bravo Ranch

riobravoranch1979@gmail.com
432-229-3302

Last edited:
Reactions: JMZ
So, is the run north to south on Black Gap where you face the rock ledge with the pile of rocks stacked in there ?

Most folks start on River Road and go towards the North and out Glen Springs

Check out page 3 of this thread. There is some good discussion on camping within the park and in/around Terlingua. Your welcome to join me at the site I located. I have a link to it.

I think the consensus is that camping in the park is fairly far from the rally meet up spot in Terlingua and that a camp site in the park is not a guaranteed thing.
Thanks for the info!

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will not be attending the rally this year. If anyone still needs accommodations, I'm looking for someone to take over my share of an AirBnB 8 miles outside Study Butte. You would be sharing it with Ropeburn (Thomas), as well as 4 other people. PM me if interested.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will not be attending the rally this year. If anyone still needs accommodations, I'm looking for someone to take over my share of an AirBnB 8 miles outside Study Butte. You would be sharing it with Ropeburn (Thomas), as well as 4 other people. PM me if interested.
PM sent

Bummer dude

Yes it's worth crossing so bring your passport, you will need it to cross back in to Texas

I'll have my passport card but from the videos I saw you cross on a little boat in the middle of nowhere. It didn't look like a legitimate crossing. Border patrol manages that area?

Back