• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend & Lone Star Reunion Feb 28 - Mar 3, 2019

Reaction score
Arrived Tues. Rode today through Nat Park today ( Wed ) . One of the riders crashed and burned. He's taking Thurs off. Hopefully he be ready to ride on Fri......PS : We lost a tool bag on the "Glenwood Spring" trail in the Nat Park.

Pulled in to BB Resort Motor Inn at about 9:00 pm Tuesday -5 hours behind my intended schedule (poor planning and worse execution!)
Both bikes survived the trailer ride. My first time to strap a bike to a trailer. I did have to adjust one bike about halfway here.
The last 80 miles from Alpine to Study Butte was challenging in the dark.

Today I hiked Windows trail (very warm hiking at 2:00pm!) and drove the Tahoe around the park. Went to Park HQ, and down to Boquillas Canyon. Then dinner at La Kiva. Super worn out from lack of sleep last several days and hot hiking today. Should sleep well tonight in my “luxury suite” at the Motor Inn Annex.

Tomorrow is more hiking. Just cannot do it comfortably from a bike (riding gear vs hiking clothes, etc.) so will likely take the Tahoe into the park again.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Excited to be going off pavement with my old but new to me ‘05 DRZ on Friday!

Loaded and heading out in a few minutes from the Austin area. We'll be staying at the Chisos Mining Co Motel. It's about 510 miles for us, roughly 9 hours. Special for this trip I even grabbed some ethanol free unleaded gas for my DR, not that it'll make any difference.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Excited to be going off pavement with my old but new to me ‘05 DRZ on Friday!

I'll be at the breakfast and rider meeting Friday morning. I might volunteer for the newbie dual sport ride depending on if they need more experienced riders to go with newbies. Otherwise I just want to ride the park for a while, Old Ore is one of my favorites. Did Black Gap the last time, don't need to again. Wife is with me and she won't be riding so we'll be driving into the park too and visiting the Lodge for supper on the patio at least once.

Hi guys, can anyone provide directions to Robert’s home for the Round the Bend dinner tonight? You can pm me for security

We are about 5 miles north of the Motor Inn. Look on the left. There will be a yellow tire hanging, a sign saying TWTEX and the streetsign says "Beer Mountain". Turn on this and we are on the left about a half mile. First place you come to. Robert

We are about 5 miles north of the Motor Inn. Look on the left. There will be a yellow tire hanging, a sign saying TWTEX and the streetsign says "Beer Mountain". Turn on this and we are on the left about a half mile. First place you come to. Robert
Awesome time out there tonight. Thank you Robert and CC.

Tarrant county bike tag found on Real River Road. Text me at +15124154372
b96cbf98483a75b7eb1439ee4e1d824e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarrant county bike tag found on Real River Road. Text me at +15124154372 View attachment 229081

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had someone find my missing KLR foot peg somewhere on the old River Road during on of these events. They posted a pic just like this after we all got home and then mailed it to me! It was a lot of fun riding out of there on one peg. I still don't know how I didn't notice when it came off :shrug: Once it was gone though, I could not find it. It must have been covered in the silt and then uncovered by other bikes going over it later.

Enjoyable and fun as always! Wonderful being with like-minded people and disengaging from work and stress for several precious days. Thanks Richard and to all that put this on! It is greatly appreciated.

Once again. the organizer's hard work (for which they don't receive enough thanks) paid off and it was a fantastic AtB. Met some old friends, made some new friends, rode some serious miles & ran out of gas. ADV riding at it's absolute finest.

Quote of the meet courtesy of new inmate, Danny when I asked him if he wanted to go back or continue; "I came to ride!"

Just got home. Thanks for the help on the River Road Friday, it pretty much turned into a s**tshow for our group, but everyone made it home safe, and Thomas (Ropeburn) is home and will be getting a preliminary report on his ankle and foot tomorrow. As our pictures start getting uploaded I'll post links here.

Back