• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend rally - March 23 - 26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of us heading out of Ft Worth area in a few hours and stopping in Killeen. Heading all back roads from Killeen to Ghost Town tomorrow at first light if anyone else going that direction. Ready to roll!

Mark, Matt and I (Russell) arrive Wed late afternoon early evening. Coming in from Houston and San Antonio. Will set up camp somewhere. looking to ride Thursday. KTM - KLR - XR
What's your plan for Thursday? Myself and JQ1.0 are on a KLR and DR650 and will be at Chisos Mining Co. Hotel at around 5 PM today.

Almost there. In Alpine eating lunch and getting gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've landed at Holiday hotel by the starlight theater. Any meeting around the town?

Can text Bart 214.five zero 2. Zero five hundred.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Friday "Easy Paced Ride" Rendezvous Information

Since (I believe) breakfast is at the cafe at the Study Butte gas station we'll meet up at the pumps there at 8.30am, gassed & H2O'd up. I'll be on a white Husqvarna 501.

I plan to lead mostly from the rear so others with a GPS would be appreciated although it's hard to get very lost where we're going.

Who's fired up? :rider:

Last edited:
I see the High Sierra bar and grill next to the El Dorado hotel. No idea if it's any good or not. Not sure if the starlight theatre does food or not.

That's about the extent of my knowledge at this point.

Friday "Easy Paced Ride" Rendezvous Information

Since (I believe) breakfast is at the cafe at the Study Butte gas station we'll meet up at the pumps there at 8.30am, gassed & H2O'd up. I'll be on a white Husqvarna 501.

I plan to lead mostly from the rear so others with a GPS would be appreciated although it's hard to get very lost where we're going.

Who's fired up? :rider:

I'll be there! Unfortunately, no GPS though...

I see the High Sierra bar and grill next to the El Dorado hotel. No idea if it's any good or not. Not sure if the starlight theatre does food or not.

That's about the extent of my knowledge at this point.

Starlight does really good food. Go up there early and have a few beers on the porch as the sun set paints the Chisos. Also, La Kiva does good food too, excellent pizzas.

I'm heading there now.

Big bald guy in kacki shorts and black the t-shirt. Probably blue Yamaha hat

I'm here too! Big Bend Resort in Study Butte

I'm in the same boat. Headed down on Wednesday, staying at Rancho Topanga (old green Chevy truck, tenting). Looking for some not-crazy-fast riders to group up with for a good Thursday ride.

See jetdr21's message (below). I plan to be there.

Ok randypower and jetr21's I'll meet you guys at chili pepper place tomorrow morning 8-8:30am

Phillip, another Husky 501 is on the way. See you tomorrow

Sunset at Rancho Topanga. It was nice to meet Mike and Dave from Dallas on the road and Fred here at the campground. I can't believe this day has *finally* arrived.

3f0fc09bd9937a4e42252210addcec10.jpg

2027b2595d8cc09968c75c3411e65e44.jpg

8151a384c86155e1f115397a9cf79933.jpg

a76ebaf95835ab988c04e9667e38d152.jpg

Last edited:
Just got here. Eating at high sierra. I need to find a place to sleep tonight. Where are all of you guys who planning on riding tomorrow gonna meet?

Meet at Chili Pepper in the morning about 8 and we'll figure it out.
It's across the street from the gas station in Study Butte next to the bank. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back