• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend rally - March 23 - 26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunset at Rancho Topanga. It was nice to meet Mike and Dave from Dallas on the road and Fred here at the campground. I can't believe this day has *finally* arrived.

Great Photos! Thanks.

Justin and James. We just had dinner but didn't trade numbers. Can one of you (I'm thinking Justin) text me at 214. Five 0 two. Oh five hundred so I have a number?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'll be there in time for breakfast tomorrow. Will anybody be arriving closer to 10 or so?

JT and I are planning to ride to Top Of The World in Terlingua Ranch tomorrow.

This ride takes 4-5 hours/ ~70 miles.

Anyone who wants to join us, be fueled up and ready to go at 8am, at the Starlight.

Gina, Mary and I won't be there in the morning, but is this a possible two up ride we can do later in the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladies & Gents-

For those of you interested we made some rally decals specifically for the TARA Around the Bend Rally. We will bring them to the dinner tomorrow night if anyone would like one. Not that there will be any problem identifying other TARA riders but we figured riders may want some bragging merch. Easy to install and see through. See everyone out there!

809BD130-B830-4EEE-BEBF-A74942A06897_zpsntrtf0hr.jpg

Just made it into the Hampton inn in alpine and I see several adventure bikes parked in the special motorcycle area, how cool is that. Anybody from our gang down there ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just made it into the Hampton inn in alpine and I see several adventure bikes parked in the special motorcycle area, how cool is that. Anybody from our gang down there ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats awesome. I just got into the hotel in Ozone. When will you be arriving in Terlingua?

We at dinner on ozone. Hoping to Be there about 10:00 am or so

El dorado a bunch of us

Riding since 830 finished at 2030. Got pulled over coming out of the gas area after river road, seems the speed limit before the tunnel is 30, so he gave a verbal warning after running plates. Great day riding otherwise, met some great people here.

Final count not um--finalized but we served 93 dinners tonight and may have over 100 registered riders.
Was great meeting so many folks tonight. And putting faces with screen names.

Looking forward to some great riding tomorrow, hopefully in cooler temps!

Final count not um--finalized but we served 93 dinners tonight and may have over 100 registered riders.
Was great meeting so many folks tonight. And putting faces with screen names.

Looking forward to some great riding tomorrow, hopefully in cooler temps!

Good for you all. I'm trying to not be jealous.

What an amazing couple of days of riding. I caught Old Ore, River Rd, Black Gap amongst several others.

One thing I want to get in before heading home is the river road to Presidio and back. After that if I get back early enough I thought I cap it off with a ride someone mentioned like 'top of the world'? Apparently it's a quick ride with good views.

Can any one provide a gpx file for that ride? Or anything to point me in the right direction?

I'm heading to Ojinaga tomorrow to find the grave of the notorious drug lord Pablo Acosta who is reportedly buried just south of town - we will also be checking out the canyon near there - Peguis Canyon. If anyone wants to join me I'll be leaving from Lajitas (meet at the restaurant in the resort) at 9 AM - or arrive at 8 AM and join me for breakfast. Must have a passport.

If we are successful in finding the grave I plan on having a celabatory late lunch at Lobby's in Ojinaga - I hear it is pretty good.

798eab6292c474f4a5437d7ee0b68632.jpg

Our patient Lead From Behind Leader. THANK YOU Phillip for a great day of riding. (Old Maverick Rd. Stop at Santa Elena canyon, River Rd to Glen Springs). ~125 miles for the day. All but 40 on "primitive road".

adcdeb6f0096e6068c4d07e155903cab.jpg

Gerhard took the one of me. I did the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2808.jpg
    IMG_2808.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Not a lot of folks at breakfast this morning......lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back