• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arrested for Wearing a Helmet in Walmart

I haven't been in a grocery store since March.

Either curbside or delivery every week for me.

This is my case as I buy everything except groceries from WM. And I stated no lines and no waiting. Not the case for curbside pickup. I see the same cars idling and waiting on my way back to my car as I saw on the way in.

Sent from my 100015685-A using Tapatalk
I guess it depends on which Walmart you shop. It usually takes 10 minutes or less if they’ve notified us it’s ready for pickup. I wonder why they wait with engines idling?

I guess it depends on which Walmart you shop. It usually takes 10 minutes or less if they’ve notified us it’s ready for pickup. I wonder why they wait with engines idling?
9 minutes too long for me. Cars idling for A/C.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I haven't been in a grocery store since March.

Either curbside or delivery every week fo

I guess it depends on which Walmart you shop. It usually takes 10 minutes or less if they’ve notified us it’s ready for pickup.
Much of it has to do with:
1. How much staff they have that day (staff has to pull the items from the shelves throughout the store to fulfill the orders as well as stage the orders in the assigned areas as well as pull those staged orders and take them to the cars in the parking lot),
2. How big the orders are that are being brought out to the cars,
3. The number of cars waiting for their orders.

If you "check in" on the app and keep the app live to let them know you are on your way the app will communicate with the store and give them that information. Then, when you reach the store the Geofence will let them know you are on the property and they can start pulling the order. The orders (items they have already selected for you and staged for your arrival) are not waiting on those rolling carts but they are staged in the totes that do go on the rolling carts. The associate needs to get a rolling cart and then pull the orders (totes) from the appropriate areas - ambient, fresh (chilled), or frozen. These categories may not be in the same storage area, and the frozen or chilled storage could literally be halfway across the store.

Remember, with few exceptions, online grocery fulfillment was put into place long after the store was constructed so the construction teams had to evaluate each store to determine the best location for it based upon easy access to the parking lot, available space for order storage and so forth.

So anyhow, after getting all your totes loaded onto the cart they now have to wheel that tote to your car and load it. You can easily see how just that process alone could be 5-10 minutes, and then when you multiply that by numerous cars waiting to get their items you can get a sense of how quickly things can get backed up.

There is at least one store piloting a system in which the majority of the items are in a separate warehouse built onto the store and robots do all the picking of the products. This frees up the human staff to have more people available to take the orders to the waiting customers. The company is always looking for the customer "pain points" and then trying to see what it can do to make that a better experience for the customer. WM measures EVERYTHING and there are metrics that must be met and improved upon constantly.

Maybe 3-4 minutes. Walking isn't waiting. I don't use drive thru's either if given an option. Or escalators

Sent from my 100015685-A using Tapatalk

I happened to be in a Denver Walmart this morning, and there was a guy as big as a mountain shopping while wearing a full face helmet. Nobody paid the least attention to him.

Back