• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-spear Ranch.

Aspear

Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Hastings
We had the inaugural ride day today here at Aspear Ranch.

@derekdemere and @Mudslick both came out, with a coworker of mudslick, harrison who rides torcs 250A.

Harrison was the first to show and we got a few fast laps in, the Derek showed up and I hung with him, he trucked through the tight trails on a 500 xc-w with the big acerbis tanks. Mudslick eventually showed up with a trailer full of tractor attachments for the ranch. He rode my xr650l since he is waffling about buying a dirt scooter.

@JMZ as always waffled and bailed, @South Tex had family matters to attend to and @budzrex had to see his daughter graduate!

We got my the current section rutted and burned in nice and blazed some new stuff.

A work/ride day will be coming to cut and complete the loop.

The plan for the place is to host a monthly(or so) limited ride days to those who are interested.

This will be an ongoing thread with information about ride days, so subscribe if you are looking for a new off road area.

Currently invite only.

Last edited:
Are you going to develop any jumps or keep it tame for safety. Have to consider these things when making it, not to get to complex and possibly dangerous. You know what I mean.

Are you going to develop any jumps or keep it tame for safety. Have to consider these things when making it, not to get to complex and possibly dangerous. You know what I mean.
the goal is to have a practice loop for guys who race offroad, but will be safe for newer/slower riders. it will be a fast trail, not a motocross track.
I plan to add some sand rollers and a creek jump. those will be optional for capable riders.

as stated there will be waivers that must be signed prior to riding.
and why its limited. I do not plan on having large groups at a time, 10 or so riders max.
Plus I like to watch guys ride and make sure they will not hurt themselves.
there is plenty of two track and field to get your feet wet.

I have no issues riding what I already have on the XR650L.
the terrain is not the dangerous part, its the speed which its ridden. Harrison and I rode at a fast pace. once Derek and David showed up, I let Harrison go ahead while I rode at a slower pace to show them the trail.
It is a one way loop, so there will be no head on collisions

how many acres ?

Dang, I'd really like to get my two-wheeled toaster down there next week.

I just don't think I can pull it off and maintain harmony on the homefront.

the goal is to have a practice loop for guys who race offroad, but will be safe for newer/slower riders. it will be a fast trail, not a motocross track.
I plan to add some sand rollers and a creek jump. those will be optional for capable riders.

as stated there will be waivers that must be signed prior to riding.
and why its limited. I do not plan on having large groups at a time, 10 or so riders max.
Plus I like to watch guys ride and make sure they will not hurt themselves.
there is plenty of two track and field to get your feet wet.

I have no issues riding what I already have on the XR650L.
the terrain is not the dangerous part, its the speed which its ridden. Harrison and I rode at a fast pace. once Derek and David showed up, I let Harrison go ahead while I rode at a slower pace to show them the trail.
It is a one way loop, so there will be no head on collisions

Your ranch is a haul for me, how about we meet sometime in Columbus at Brunes Mill for TRH ride day?

Dang, I'd really like to get my two-wheeled toaster down there next week.

I just don't think I can pull it off and maintain harmony on the homefront.
Well I'll be here until I die, so no rush

I've got room for a camper too

Looks like fun, I’ll have to see if I can make it out there one of these days.

The plan for the place is to host a monthly(or so) limited ride days to those who are interested.

This will be an ongoing thread with information about ride days, so subscribe if you are looking for a new off road area.

Absolutely awesome! :thumb:

Looking forward to getting out there soon to ride with you and dont mind bringing loopers and a chainsaw if needed for trail work.
i missed this post, loppers are welcome, saw as well.ive got a saw, weedeater with brush blade and a tractor with a brush cutter too.

gonna snag a box of flagging from work this week

Back