• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Aspear gets a shop

Built mine 20 years ago and it was the best money I ever spent.

Next is buy a lift. At 60, your knees and back will thank you

Is it bolt-up or weld? I like either but bolt probably takes less hands. Hope you wait for some cooler weather to erect. Lot of hard work.
I didn't use the rubber gaskets that were supplied with mine at the advise of several erectors. It's been three years and no major leaks, but birds get in to build those little nests. Wish I had put dual roll ups at each end. It does ok with my big belt drive shop fan.
Bolt up, non insulated.
Good size. Suggestion, instead of putting a 1 1/5" step up in the door, I'd see if they can slope it. Local codes may not allow it but it sure is nice when rolling in and out of the shop. Mine looks like this.

View attachment 240723
Local codes, I don't have any way out here. Very edge of the county, 20 miles from the closest city limits. If anything I'll put a slope in myself. Trying to keep concrete price down. I'll be doing concrete slopes for "driveways" at each roll up door myself anyways.
Congratulations looking forward to the build posts.
Thank you
Built mine 20 years ago and it was the best money I ever spent.

Next is buy a lift. At 60, your knees and back will thank you
Motorcycle lift is purchased and stored at @South Tex house.
Car/truck lift in 5-10 years

Shops are like gun safes, you never get one as big as you really need...
Its already full, as soon as its built.

Will be building a 40lx20w leanto off the backside for the tractor, pickup truck, project truck and main ranch atv.

That I'll weld and design myself.

Concrete crew started this morning
27dd7e4929c7cc7ffd04352a12e12f48.jpg

Back in 2005 I had a contractor build me a 14X20 steel Garage with an 8x8 roll up door & 1/4" foil back insulation. He also did the slab as part of the deal...it has a sloped 3' drive up pad.
Total cost back then was $5600 as I remember it....
Wish I woulda built twice the size!!! Say 24x24 or 20x30

My steel house 24x36 was $12-13k in 1998 complete with slab...rough plumb..1/4" foil insulation ..9 windows & 2 doors

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Getting updates from the wife as they work
170942162f4bbd6c90597cb36f92ea61.jpg

im really gonna have to make the 107 mile one way trip down there soon to thrash the DR sixfiddy on that dirt...

I dont know about the creek jump, but it looks fun ! :D

im really gonna have to make the 107 mile one way trip down there soon to thrash the DR sixfiddy on that dirt...

I dont know about the creek jump, but it looks fun ! :D
Been expanding the trail alot. It's getting alot better

Putting it near house is wise, I did the same. You have a great flat space, mine had a foot drop over 30 feet and took more concrete for beams and more fill on low end. Concrete delivered here is high. I ran a sprinkler on my slab for two days off and on because of the heat.
Congratulations on new shop.

I suggest you move the back wall to the fence line in the far distance.

Back