• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Atlas Throttle Lock

Wouldn't a vice grip work just as good?

a needle or a normal one?

I was thinking one where you modified the jaws to fit around the throttle tube, take a pic and post it and let everyone hammer on it.

I've had the Kaoko and the Atlas on my Africa Twin. I much prefer the Atlas.

I have an atlas on mine, I can't get it to stay fully "locked".

At first it was a manufacture problem (the rivits that hold it together were too loose) that I repaired by hammering the rivits tighter.
I now can't keep it from slowly slipping. I think the pad is sliding on the chrome throttle part. need to try roughing up the chrome since I cant get it tighter.
Or maybe my throttle return springs are too tight (it is a carb'ed bike).

Looks intriguing. Maybe a little pricey - but in line with other overpriced throttle locks on the market. I'm using a Kaoko and don't really like it much. Have also used a Throttlemeister and didn't care much for it either. Both are the twist to lock kind and I just can't get comfortable with them.

I also have a Kaoko and do not like it. So I figure I could sell it and try this one.

Never liked throttle locks. Seems like it was too hard to get it into the sweet spot where it's not just accelerating a little or decelerating a little.

There's a freaking glitch in the matrix....

Had one for the wife. She didnt like it, too hard to fine tune at a constant speed. She does like the Kaoko

Doug had one on the FJR for a while, its ok just about like all the rest some things you like some you dont. I pulled it off the other day when adding new grips
and did not put it back on, I have no problem loaning it to you if you want to try it without spending the cash to buy one

I have an Atlas on the GSX-S. It is just OK. Had to remove the grip and barrel and have a little flange that helps keep the stock grip in place machined off. The Atlas seems like a great concept and is very well made, but tends to be deflected and not stay square with the handle bar. This makes it hard to get adjusted to where it functions perfectly.

You can try it next time you see me on the Suzi. That's not very often cause her throttle lock doesn't work good. Want to trade for the Kaoko?

I think there is room for an AudioVox CC inside Suzi's fairing but I'm not as enthusiastic about tinkering as I used to be.

I appreciate all the feedback, I think I will just skip it and save up for the gazillion dollar cruise control

2014-suzuki-v-strom-1000-concept-03_600x.jpg

WOZERS!!
0_switch_35ecf010-4181-4fec-96ce-807217ca4b82_600x.jpg

Slide6_be2ff9a7-22c5-438a-a849-a6ad046c9744_600x.jpg

Slide7_e9fbdb66-a052-412c-8366-3f590984c8ad_600x.jpg

CRUISE CONTROL FOR SUZUKI DL1000 V-STROM SECOND GENERATION (FROM 2014 TO 2017)

$874.00 USD

THERE'S ONE FOR MY GEN3 WEE TOO....I HATE YOU GUYS

Back