• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

August meet n greet n eat 08/11

Any others on the fence that are coming please chime back in so I can give them one last update. Thank you.

Drew
Regretfully I have to cancell. The container from South Africa is delivered on Sunday morning and I have to be there
Andre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been watching the weather for the last few days. With the high heat advisory and us not meeting till 11 I'm going to bow out.
I hope that everyone has a good time.

I was really looking forward to this RTE but the temperature forecasted for Strawn, which is about 10 miles from The Smokestack, is 105 degrees. Temp here in Weatherford on the other hand will be a "cool" 102 ☃. If I go, I'll probably be caging it. Sure wanted to get some time on the bike. The orange one is feeling abandoned.

Should be under 100°F at 1:00 PM surely you could get back to Weatherford before one. I plan to get back to Nemo before then. Give it a go.

I was really looking forward to this RTE but the temperature forecasted for Strawn, which is about 10 miles from The Smokestack, is 105 degrees. Temp here in Weatherford on the other hand will be a "cool" 102 ☃. If I go, I'll probably be caging it. Sure wanted to get some time on the bike. The orange one is feeling abandoned.
Drive on over and don't forget my fried peach pie from that bbq joint in Weatherford.:deal:

I've over done it this week moving from Granbury to Whitney.

I might get out early tomorrow for a breakfast ride, but am planning on being home before 10.

I'm out.

Its a very small place. Food is just ok.

Man, I hope the owner doesn't see that, cause you know next time we are in there with you, we will single you out and they will make you leave. The food is pretty good, but remember it is the best in Thurber.....

I'd love to go but no can ride in 100+ degree heat regardless of hydration. Anything above 92 and I start to melt.

In for tomorrow but won’t be able to meet in Lampasas. Would like to join ride back though.

Edit: won’t make it

Last edited:
Well, we discussed it over breakfast. Decided it was too hot and headed back home. Hope all had a good time and survived the heat.

Well when we got back to Pee Paw's Scooter Shop, Jasen thought the temperature was ok to do a little trials riding.

Video

Jim and I had a good ride out of Waco today. 268 miles and was home before the temp hit 100 degrees. (99.5)

Attachments

• Thurber 1.jpg
    Thurber 1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Thurber 2..JPG
    Thurber 2..JPG
    72 KB · Views: 160
Where's the food pics, he took pictures of everyone's food!

Good times, the food was very good, probably some of the best fries I've had. Prices were a smidge steep for a grilled chicken club sandwich, fries and some sweet tea though. Still, I'm happy I went and enjoyed the food and the company.

Our group was thwarted in crossing Leon Lake dam road (FM 2461) and had to backtrack to Hwy 16. Turns out the road has been closed for well over a year now. Would be nice if Google Map showed as much. Anyway we made it to lunch in time by adding a little extra pace.

I had 393 miles for the day and got home at 3:00. Thanks for another great MGE Drew. It was fun riding with you, Dan and Ken.

I had a chicken light which had peaches cottage cheese and bread. It was good.

Attachments

• Thurber 3.jpg
    Thurber 3.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 155
Back