• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

August meet n greet n eat 08/11

And getting a new GPS! Or not. I picked up a Garmin 396 last week for $250 (new). At any rate, this run is a work day for me so you can't rely on me to get you there so you're on your own.

The new router-arounder unit is enroute but won't arrive until next week. I shall endeavor to perservere with just pen and paper and phone app.

The new router-arounder unit is enroute but won't arrive until next week. I shall endeavor to perservere with just pen and paper and phone app.
If your coming thru Lampasas Greg I can meet you somewhere and we can ride north together if you want company?

If your coming thru Lampasas Greg I can meet you somewhere and we can ride north together if you want company?

I can certainly head that way KP and would appreciate the company. How about we leave from Stripes (FM 380 & 183) at 8:00? Allows for a a slightly less direct route plus a stop along the way.

I can certainly head that way KP and would appreciate the company. How about we leave from Stripes (FM 380 & 183) at 8:00? Allows for a a slightly less direct route plus a stop along the way.
Greg you mean FM 580 right? You must have read my mind. Stripes is a perfect spot. Sounds good we can let you lead the way. :deal:

Was thinking 8:15 or so I can get there a little early. Shows two hours to Thurber from Lampasas.

Might be a little too early for me but Iā€™ll let you know if Iā€™m coming sometime Saturday.

Ya'll keep hydrated out there in this heat.....it doesnt take long.

Am I going?...no...I cant tolerate 102+ on the bike....like I usta

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Ya'll keep hydrated out there in this heat.....it doesnt take long.

Am I going?...no...I cant tolerate 102+ on the bike....like I usta

I'm seriously rethinking it after yesterday's moving day experience.
Looking back, I probably shouldn't have been driving.

Greg you mean FM 580 right? You must have read my mind. Stripes is a perfect spot. Sounds good we can let you lead the way. :deal:

KP and Greg - If ya donā€™t mind Iā€™d like to join you. I promise to leave the Harley home so not to embarrass....

KP - put me ā€œinā€

Greg is never direct.

Will definitely be taking as direct a return route as possible given the expected high temps.

Screenshot_20190808-124248_Chrome.jpg

KP and Greg - If ya donā€™t mind Iā€™d like to join you. I promise to leave the Harley home so not to embarrass....

KP - put me ā€œinā€

You passed the audition a long ago Tuco. šŸ˜ Glad you're able to join us.

Iā€™m still a maybe but curious about the camping. Why is the campsite? Who all are camping?
Daughter in town last minute thing, visiting my mom so taking her to a early birthday dinner Saturday after work, so camping is out for me this time.

KP - put me ā€œinā€
Will do. You can ride what you want. See you Sunday at 8 at the Stripes at end of town.

I have heard that they make this real cool thing called a paper map, doesn't need any power and doesn't take up much space. No special bracket to attach it to your bars or anything. Rumor has it that they have been around for a very long time.

I'll bite Drew. No place to fly to on Sunday and I am finally done with working weekends for the foreseeable future!!!

I have been watching the weather for the last few days. With the high heat advisory and us not meeting till 11 I'm going to bow out.
I hope that everyone has a good time.

Back