• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Adventure Riders: Last Minute Trip Ideas App or Forum ??

Reaction score
There are so many apps out there for community riders. I use REVER and like it a lot but noticed there are not many adventure riders to make a group for last minute improvised rides out of Austin. Sometimes I feel like going for a ride (like right now I am thinking to head to Twisted Sisters tomorrow) and maybe others want to join, where would I post that? Do people follow this forums or use apps like Rever, Facebook or others?? Suggestions ? Ideas?

Last edited:
The problem with Rever is that the communities kind of suck (there’s a Texas Adventure Riders one). App is good for tracking my rides tho.

Meetup would be ideal but the TARA group had little discussion other than the monthly rides. Would’ve like more people posting rides, ultimately closed it because Meetup increased their fees.

There’s one dual sport group on Facebook that could have some traction, as well as the TWT group (let me know if you want the links).

If Meetup isn’t an option, TWT would be my go to choice. Best people to ride with I met on this forum and events. You could also use ADV rider I suppose. Just post an upcoming event and I’m sure people will show interest (not necessarily in the TARA subsection).

Last edited:
Back