• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin area ride opportunity

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Event by Steve Cardwell and Austin MotoSports Association (AMSA)

15507 Chaparral Dr, Leander, TX 78641, United States

Duration: 7 hr

Public · Anyone on or off Facebook

LET'S GO RIDE!
October 24th AMSA will be having an open ride day from 9AM to 4PM and is open to all. Come enjoy this beautiful ranch.
ENTRY FEE: $30 per bike, $10 for 65cc and smaller.
This will be a one day only event Sunday so don't miss out. We'll even have some new trail sections added to the main loop.
HOPE EVERYONE CAN JOIN US!!

Watson Ranch Ride Day Update

We’ve got a great trail laid out for this Sunday’s ride day. Besides the main loop we’ve all enjoyed before we’ve added an extra mile and a half to the main loop. This new section consists of fast flowy grass track with nice elevation changes, and a new rocky off camber portion that I’ve dubbed “ Keith’s Twisted Mind”.
Think of it as a mini Carl’s Diner from Erzberg. This section will test your abilities, but don’t worry there is a marked ride around to this portion of the new trail.

With this new addition to the main loop there are more transfer dirt roads that need to be used to piece the loop back together and we ask everyone to use the roads slowly. Not only is this for safety reasons but these roads are used by the landowners so please take it easy on these transfers.

As usual we will have a kids/beginner trail totally separate from main course, and we ask that kiddos stay on this course unless a parent rides with the jr rider. There will be marked shortcuts if you don’t want them to go around the entire loop. Don’t turn your kid loose on the big track without accompanying them, it’s a long way around the loop.

As with all our ride days please remember that this is not a race day, and be respectful of other riders because we will have all levels of riders out on the course at the same time. Slower riders need to hold there line, and wait for faster riders to pass. If possible give the faster rider a signal when to pass, this goes for the faster folks too. A simple wave or yell out “thank you” goes a long way.

Hope everyone can make it out, weather looks to be great so don’t miss out. We begin riding at 9:00AM.

Steve

Might just swing it, but just being sure folks know.

I need to make a trip up there with you soon, how many visitors can you sponsor at one visit

I need to make a trip up there with you soon, how many visitors can you sponsor at one visit
I'd risk 2. Maybe get a pal to sponsor one. When time comes let me know details.

Will do Carl and I would like to come up soon
Just an FYI, they have a strict no dog policy. No idea if you bring a pet or not, a lot of folks do. Other than that sign the waiver and 10 bucks guest fee. Just have to me with a member.

Back