• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin gear shopping?

Hi TWT,

Going to be looking for a new helmet and probably a jacket and some good riding jeans within the next month or so. Do those of you who live in or around Austin have a favorite shop or do you go online?

Happy to pay a small premium to buy locally, particularly for helmets, but haven't bought gear in 10+ years and wasn't in Central Texas then. Appreciate your suggestions!

JMZ

First Name
MONGO
Cycle Gear has always been good to me but I'm sure some of the locals will have more input

Windmill

Forum Supporter
First Name
Clay
Motorangutan is awesome. Bought my Forma boots there. Great customer service.
:thumb: I guess I rally like them , but it is a long way to them from my house.
I like to try things on before I buy, so online purchasing is not my deal for riding gear. I need a new mesh jacket.

Last edited:
Just a fyi. I went by cycle gear yesterday. It has been a while since I was there. They have expanded the store quite a bit.

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
Try Cuznbob's he is in Austin, he has good a good gear selection.

2N2OUT

<Insert Title Here>
Forum Supporter
Woods has a pretty large selection, but I always expect them to get right with their price or I walk. Like you said a small premium is acceptable. A lot depends on what gear you are looking for. If it's a specific manufacturer, then you're likely stuck to shopping at one place or online.

Kman198

Forum Supporter
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Haywood
Motorangutan seems to have a limited selection. However, every time I've been there. I did find something that would work at a fair price. The crew has always been helpful, and friendly

pr1

Yeah I'll agree with the last two posts... Central Tx Powersports has staff on hand to help you find exactly what your looking for, big selection over all and prices are on par... Motorangutan is a nice shop if you live on that side of town.. You get the small shop treatment there, friendly folks!! Military discounts at both places.. maybe discounts for first responders??

Just traded in my 15 tenere today on a 19, whoop whoop!!!, At woods in New Braunfels and they have a pretty good selection too.

pr1

thanks, just looked at the woods site, they don't have it on there yet. CONGRATULATIONS! I know you are STOKED!!