• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin TARA: Monthly ride

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
It was a fun ride yesterday, even with the police. Great people beautiful weather and continually trying to reroute due to road closures, kind of sounds like an adventure doesn’t it? Thanks again to everyone for helping out with their local knowledge of the areas when we were attempting to “ get back on route”. Also sorry for the u turns after lunch, the ole gps got pretty confused there for a while. Really glad I printers out the turn by turn directions for the route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dao

Who was the lucky one chitchatin w Johnny law at the back end? Young Jonny law I spoke w at the front end next to the water crossing was cool about us all coming down to look at the deep end.

IMG_20190105_095759903.jpg

It was great riding with you again, Steve. Thanks fro taking responsibility fro leading us the rest of the day.

Yes! Great ride. The weather couldn’t have been better. I’m still wondering if we could have made the “law Enforcement” crossing.

We hit 4 closed water crossings, and to be honest, they were all less sketchy than the big crossing outside Llano that's almost always open. I wonder who makes the decision, and how they calculate it.

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
Thanks Elio for the great pics and nice job on the video it was fun to watch!!

Kman198

Forum Supporter
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Haywood
Are we riding in Feb?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
I’m in for the Feb ride

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
I’m riding tomorrow. I spoke with Terry this week and he said he will be riding Saturday also.

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
Michael are you riding Saturday.

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
That was to Michael “Gourdhead”.

Ocho

Forum Supporter
First Name
Jorge
I will be riding.

Gourdhead mentioned he probably won't.

See you all tomorrow.

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
When I “played” the February Ride in Base Camp I saw one road the said unpaved. I’m not familiar with all the roads in the route but they appeared to be paved but not sure as I haven’t ridden all of them.

JT

Forum Supporter
Looks like about 4 of us will start in Johnson City. Look for us at the Exxon corner of 2766 and 281.

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
K, will do!

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
Don’t think we will be there by 0900. We don’t leave the start point (the Texaco on Hamilton Pool Rd) until about 0915.

Kman198

Forum Supporter
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Haywood
Looks like about 4 of us will start in Johnson City. Look for us at the Exxon corner of 2766 and 281.
Me too, on a ST

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
I am getting ready to leave Austin to head to our place in JC. All my bikes are there, so I am going to meet Gina and JT at the barn and get setup. If you are early, you are welcome to come hang out with us there. Looks like a light rain there right now.

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
Thanks for the great ride today, even though it was a little gray and misty I had an awesome time. Great food for lunch at Manny’s (good call on the Resturant John). Found some great new roads and a few new water crossings (no cops turning us around this time). Most of all some great conversation with great people. It is such a blessing to have such a wonderful group of people to ride with! See y’all next month. Oh and Mike we will have to keep an eye out for some more of those asphalt berms

StromXTc

Forum Supporter
First Name
Brian
My first ride with y'all yesterday! It was great to meet everyone! The ride was a blast, thanks for the great day! I took a couple of pics....
Wow, pretty good turnout for less than great weather. About 10 of you? Way to go twt.

Kman198

Forum Supporter
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Haywood
My attempt at video editing...

Watch "to Luckenbach and back" on YouTube

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
JT, thanks for texting me on Friday night about the ride, I would have missed it otherwise. Had a great time meeting several new friends and had a lot of fun with Steve (Reno), loved the asphalt berm, need to find more! KMan, nice video, I thought I would look faster than that LOL

Is the March ride on 3/2 still happening? Because many will go to Big Bend that weekend. Whats the plan for the monthly ride ?

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
Is the March ride on 3/2 still happening? Because many will go to Big Bend that weekend. Whats the plan for the monthly ride ?
Hi All,
The monthly ride is always on no matter what else happens to be going on. Additionally it is a rain or shine event so it is not canceled due to normal weather either.

I’m in for the March Ride also. I have the route on my GPS if we need it.

Hi All,
The monthly ride is always on no matter what else happens to be going on. Additionally it is a rain or shine event so it is not canceled due to normal weather either.

I’m in for the March Ride also. I have the route on my GPS if we need it.

Is March the Willow city route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
Yes out through the Willow City loop and then over near Enchanted Rock, down near Fredricksburg and the back east towards Austin.

Kman198

Forum Supporter
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Haywood
There is a section that may have some rough road, back country with loose asphalt base on top.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

Any dirt sections would be short and packed with some loose gravel in the corners, some pot holes.

Expect low water crossing, shouldn't be many with flowing water.

I wouldn't be surprised by several if not many cattle gaurds.

All in all, looks like this run is more then 90% paved road?

There is 2 routes in March
Mar: Willow City Loop, 174 miles if i remember correct this all paved, some low water crossings
Mar alternate Castell 189 miles this has dirt when you go thru click (Cr 315, Cr 310) mostly paved now.

Aaron