• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Yeah, that trip was way colder than it was expected to be. Gunny and I made the whole route, we just did it in reverse. Turned out to be the final trip on the Ural as it broke down on me for the last time two weeks later. Now I'm the one broke down (darn gravity and ladders) so I won't be making the trip this year, but y'all have fun.

Boooooo. we need you and the KLR to make an appearance soon.

Wish i could ride with you guys, miss being on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to a fun and adventurous ride! Depending on the amount of rain [emoji943] it could get pretty adventurous[emoji846]

Looking forward to a fun and adventurous ride! Depending on the amount of rain [emoji943] it could get pretty adventurous[emoji846]

Oh man, I hadn't even noticed there's a 90% chance. Not again.

Oh man, I hadn't even noticed there's a 90% chance. Not again.
I'm skipping the ride due to work, so we can do a "follow up" in a couple of weeks if it gets rained out.

Wish i could ride with you guys, miss being on the bike.

Well, you did point out that Aftrica Twin is DCT, so you don't "technically" need your left foot to ride it...

I’m not going to be able to make it either. I got roped into Tiling my sons bathroom.

I will be passing on this months ride as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well, you did point out that Aftrica Twin is DCT, so you don't "technically" need your left foot to ride it...

Yes that is true, you would still have to help me get the kickstand up.

Ok who is up for doing the ride next week? I would like to do the ride next week.

Next weekend is MotoGP and the Handbuilt Bike Show. Maybe the weekend after that?

K, sounds good to me! Anyone else up for doing the “April San Saba Dirt Road Ride” on Saturday 4-20-19?

Sorry don’t know what 4-20 means.

Oh now I get it, it’s like “beer thirty” [emoji846]

Who else is going? I'm still planning on it. I haven't looked at the route but what would be a good place to lunch and stop for gas (in case I'm out there alone)? Do we make it to San Saba in less than 200 miles?

I think last year we had an early lunch in Llano, but that was because everyone was freezing their butts off.

I'll be skipping it tomorrow. I'll try to do the one in two weeks if it happens, but my family might be in town so I'll see if I can escape for a while.

Three of us went on the ride yesterday. The only true “rain” I rode in was the last 30 minutes coming home. The wildflowers were in their best form. A little mud, but still pretty firm.... one short but very slick water crossing ;) Jeff and Andrew.....nice meeting you both!

Thanks for leading the pack Dustin! We saw a 4th show up around 9am, buzz the parking lot, think better of it, and then promptly leave. They missed out on a fun ride.

K, sounds good to me! Anyone else up for doing the “April San Saba Dirt Road Ride” on Saturday 4-20-19?

Hi Everyone,

I apologize, I did not realize 4-20-19 was in the middle of Easter weekend. I will not be riding this Saturday (tomorrow). If anyone is up for doing the ride next Saturday 4-27-19. Let me know. Thanks and Have a blessed Easter [emoji846]

Back