• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Riders,

The first Saturday ride is this coming weekend. October's ride is something special - we will be crossing the mighty James River. Don't miss it!

I am in Denver for work this week, fly back Friday night. My toys are all in JC so I am planning on heading there Friday night and will meet the group someplace near JC, need to pull up the GPS tracks.

By the way, when I was at the KTM rally, I purchased a trail tech GPS. It is a HUGE upgrade to my Garmin Montana. Larger display, maps with contours showing gradients in such a useful way that you can tell what type of country you are riding into, hilly or flat, etc. The best part is the buddy system. If multiple riders have Trail Techs, each device can advertise its position and you can see where everybody is. The leader leaves a bread crumb trail so the guys (and girls) in the back can see where the riders in front actually turned. Could be a game changer if more riders have them. You could spread out on dusty trails and not need to stop at every corner to "catch up". Oh there is an SOS mode too, where you can advertise to the others in your group that you need help, then if they care about you, they can see your location and come to you. Pretty neat features (if they all work, to be tested in time)

Anyway, hope we get some rain otherwise James River may only be James dry creek bed :)

I am in Denver for work this week, fly back Friday night. My toys are all in JC so I am planning on heading there Friday night and will meet the group someplace near JC, need to pull up the GPS tracks.

By the way, when I was at the KTM rally, I purchased a trail tech GPS. It is a HUGE upgrade to my Garmin Montana. Larger display, maps with contours showing gradients in such a useful way that you can tell what type of country you are riding into, hilly or flat, etc. The best part is the buddy system. If multiple riders have Trail Techs, each device can advertise its position and you can see where everybody is. The leader leaves a bread crumb trail so the guys (and girls) in the back can see where the riders in front actually turned. Could be a game changer if more riders have them. You could spread out on dusty trails and not need to stop at every corner to "catch up". Oh there is an SOS mode too, where you can advertise to the others in your group that you need help, then if they care about you, they can see your location and come to you. Pretty neat features (if they all work, to be tested in time)

Anyway, hope we get some rain otherwise James River may only be James dry creek bed :)
After the build up, I think it deserves a link.

Wow, you are really getting fancy, new bike, gps. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My dad will be making it out there as a beginner ish to dirt on dualsportvet's recently sold Africa Twin - please give him all the tips and advice you got, he's there to learn

My dad will be making it out there as a beginner ish to dirt on dualsportvet's recently sold Africa Twin - please give him all the tips and advice you got, he's there to learn

What's his name? I am going to try to make it. We can "learn" together. it's been a while since I rode my Africa Twin as well....
Jim

What's his name? I am going to try to make it. We can "learn" together. it's been a while since I rode my Africa Twin as well....
Jim

Oliver - I'll have him keep an eye out for ya!

Hi. I'm in Houston. Was out there 3 or 4 weeks ago. Would like to come back out and ride that in a group. Where do y'all meet up and what time? Maybe I can make it out.
Billy

Hi. I'm in Houston. Was out there 3 or 4 weeks ago. Would like to come back out and ride that in a group. Where do y'all meet up and what time? Maybe I can make it out.
Billy

Check page one of the thread, more info there

Mornin! Planning on going to the ride this weekend. Never been to any of the TARA rides, so I'm not really sure on what to expect. I've been to mextrek last year and loved it!

Fabio

Planning on this ride but...I still need to get my bike back together. A crucial engine part is supposed to be here Friday so we'll see. I'll meet the group at Fitzhugh and Yeager Creek Rd. if I am able. I guess about 9:15? Correct me if I'm wrong on the time.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BETA?

Just doing routine maintenance and some upgrades. In the process of putting the bike back together, I broke the water pump shaft by over-torquing the impeller nut. (long story) Nevertheless, the new part is on the way and should be here on Friday.

Just doing routine maintenance and some upgrades. In the process of putting the bike back together, I broke the water pump shaft by over-torquing the impeller nut. (long story) Nevertheless, the new part is on the way and should be here on Friday.
COOL. I SHOULD BE THERE.

Hopefully I will meet you there we can wait together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I COULD BE WRONG BUT I THINK THE TRACK GOES THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
JUST HOLLERING SO EVERYONE CAN HEAR.

Lol good point! Maybe I need to get up a touch earlier and meet them at the gas station in Dripping

the track i have V-4 2019 shows coming thru Johnson city heading north to 1323 west is there another track i have not seen have most all of Richard's TXADV versions

Aaron

the track i have V-4 2019 shows coming thru Johnson city heading north to 1323 west is there another track i have not seen have most all of Richard's TXADV versions

Aaron

This is the same one I am looking at. The route goes through Johnson City to 1323.

Evidently , I'm retarded. I must have remembered a old one that went the other direction. I see it does go that way. See yall there.

OK now I am completely confused where does it start what direction does ago or do I have to go from JC to dripping meet up before they start

I was retarted . Looks like we are going thru jc

Back