• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

OK now I am completely confused where does it start what direction does ago or do I have to go from JC to dripping meet up before they start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
don't know were you stay the ride starts at HWY 12 and FM 3238 I catch every one at FM 1323 and HWY 281
see you there

Aaron

Last year this was my virgin dirt trip. Unfortunately won’t be able to join tomorrow. I also need to get over my fear of slippery bridges lol.

It looked more like the 2011 version going that way. Plenty of bikes getting bathed today. Somebody has pictures I'm sure. Not me, I was too busy trying to survive it. Thanks, to all those that layed hands on my bike to help... Glad I could do the same for a few...

Somehow I thought the ride was on Sunday not paying full attention. Another one missed.

Let’s see the vids from today’s ride [emoji1783]

Had a great time first ride I’ve done with the group in almost a year really sorry about the confusion when the three of us broke off to head back to Jc sounds like you guys went above and beyond trying to backtrack and find us really really sorry about that.

0a59e09a1df44c6d469b295b5c5809cc.jpg
36c3426b74bd4a6edc2b7f0733cb8cdc.jpg
c70da520ac0c146ab934a4ff3d5bca82.jpg
cd475cd09fb23efb89bff19acc0445a5.jpg

i'm a little under the weather and couldn't ride but last night i talked JT into taking my 250 and meeting up with y'all. (that wasn't hard to do. lol)

he had some of his gear with him and borrowed some of mine. just as he's loading Sally, notices the clutch cable is frayed. well, it is 18 years old... sorry luv, no ride for you tomorrow after all.

look forward to doing a group ride soon

James River was a dunk fest. The river wasn't deep but there was no gravel side. In the past, you could always just plow through on the right side of the "road" and get traction on the river bottom, which was a combination of gravel, rocks and mud. However today, that did not exist. It was all super slick bottom. I literally couldn't go two inches without slipping. Eventually, we discovered that the best option was to go far left. Hopefully, someone got a video of this. I can't believe my camera wasn't on! AHHHH.

I missed the monthly ride James River but this next weekend looks like amazing weather to go out and do it. I wonder if there’s interest out there to do the ride Sat 12 Oct. ?

I'd suggest you take at least 3 people. That how many it takes to "right" a big bike in the river. One to stand on each wheel to keep it from moving in the slime and one to lift.... I'm honestly not sure 2 people could have gotten several of the bikes back up (mine included).
I am sure we were quite entertaining for the Jeeps waiting to cross behind us:clap:

Stay left and get in the cracks in the rocks ledges if possible.
But it was a great ride even at +90 degrees.

Quite shallow actually. probably 6" to 8" in the worst sections unless you get off the right side like Keith tried.. (don't go right) It wasn't the water that was the problem. it was the green slime on the rocks. People were falling down just trying to walk on it. The bikes just broke loose constantly.
a high gear and a lot of clutch, and no throttle...was about the only way to move.

Had a great time first ride I’ve done with the group in almost a year really sorry about the confusion when the three of us broke off to head back to Jc sounds like you guys went above and beyond trying to backtrack and find us really really sorry about that.

View attachment 244581View attachment 244582View attachment 244583View attachment 244584
Bottom photo, right about location of dropped bike in foreground is where I broke my left big toe in THREE places after it got caught under the edge of a skid plate. Ouch!

Does the Burnet ride have some decent dirt on it?

The first Saturday ride is this weekend and the weather forecast is looking good. Low Saturday morning in the 40s, high in the 60s, partly sunny.

Howdy,

Can someone confirm the meetup is still at the Texaco on Hamilton Pool Road?

I haven’t been out to one of these for a while.

Thanks.

Howdy,

Can someone confirm the meetup is still at the Texaco on Hamilton Pool Road?

I haven’t been out to one of these for a while.

Thanks.

Yes, that’s the place. The convenience store at the intersection of Hamilton Hall Road and Ranch Road 12.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't think I will be able to make this one, trying to get some saddle time on the Husky at HF on Saturday. Stay safe, have fun!

Riders,

It's time for the first monthly ride of 2020! The ride is this Saturday morning. See the first post in this thread for ride details and to download the gps tracks.

Back