• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

I'm hoping to join this weekend too, for my very first TARA ride!
Gotta decide which bike to ride, the 1200GS or the WR250R — I imagine either would be fine.

I swear the weather is so nice, it feels like we should continue riding to the west until we hit New Mexico, then north all the way to Utah and back around Denver, Amarillo and they Austin. Can we do that next Saturday?? LOL !

I had no takers on what I'd planned for this weekend, so I'm in for this one. I'll be trucking the bike over in the morning.

Last edited:
I am out for this one. Truck is in the shop won’t get it in time to make an am start. Stay safe have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am out for this one. Truck is in the shop won’t get it in time to make an am start. Stay safe have fun.

uhh, If your trucks not going to be ready then you ought to ride. You cant get the chores done.

Truck and II are in Austin ktm is in JC :(

Maybe I will do a replete Sunday

Gina and I hope to catch the group at Harry's in Willow City. We'll be there about 10am.

What is a good alternate path that skips the river crossing?

Well that was fun! Tow truck is en route to pick up the Africa Twin and I’m taking the ride of shame back to Austin via girlfriend’s car. Thanks to everyone who helped push that sucker onto dry ground and helped attempt to get the spark plug off.

Well that was fun! Tow truck is en route to pick up the Africa Twin and I’m taking the ride of shame back to Austin via girlfriend’s car. Thanks to everyone who helped push that sucker onto dry ground and helped attempt to get the spark plug off.

Glad to know you are ok.
Full Story and pictures please!

If anyone caught a pic of the Tenere on her side. PM me a copy. I wore the red/black/white Bell with the visor.

cd474e9d07e8501ed8bb37a9adf0fffb.jpg

Back