• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Looking a little chilly:

1612459537428.png

Still debating my meetup time/place.

Actually looking a little better today:
1612539994761.png

I want to take the 390, but the Tiger is certainly more comfortable on cold start, 300 mile rides.

Sorry but, SAB and I are out.

Amazing weather today. Big group and great pace today!

Attachments

• 59196363-E269-4F9D-B785-2A65CD27951C.jpeg
    59196363-E269-4F9D-B785-2A65CD27951C.jpeg
    719 KB · Views: 240
  • BDE266D4-8AB2-42F9-BDE1-A93960CE582D.jpeg
    BDE266D4-8AB2-42F9-BDE1-A93960CE582D.jpeg
    605 KB · Views: 236
  • 079A5D7C-B11E-4470-996C-AD0C3E0CCDD5.jpeg
    079A5D7C-B11E-4470-996C-AD0C3E0CCDD5.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 234
First time riding with the group today. Way larger group than I was expecting based on the AM weather.

Nice seeing folks again and meeting new folks as well. Thanks for letting me tag along.

20210206_164540.jpg

20210206_104559.jpg

The Blanco was muy verde today:
20210206_164412.jpg

And Ocho was there in spirit:
20210206_124837.jpg

My old bike! Is that guy the new owner? I’m sad I missed it

Yeah, I thought you sold it to him, but I guess not?

He wondered what the Ocho sticker meant :)

Yes very nice after the groups left the gas station I race to catch up but did meet anyone, I bump into Jarrette he mention the group train miss the one portion of the track. It a nice little one. View from the I guess the rancher are burning cedar 👍
C6ABCA0C-5A89-4032-A560-7ECE5AAFD938.jpeg

It was a different guy. Glad to see the little bike carries on.
I'm the guy! Hey Jorge, I finally made it to a ride. Sorry a missed you. On the other hand I think I would have been ashamed of it's need of a wash considering how beautiful it was when I bought it from you.

I definitely pushed the limits of the bike and myself on the ride today. Thanks everyone, it was a blast.

I'm the guy! Hey Jorge, I finally made it to a ride. Sorry a missed you. On the other hand I think I would have been ashamed of it's need of a wash considering how beautiful it was when I bought it from you.

I definitely pushed the limits of the bike and myself on the ride today. Thanks everyone, it was a blast.
Welcome to the forum. Here are those threads we were talking about:

If it was, it got out of hand.

I passed 4 or 5 fire trucks racing in that direction after I saw you.
That's normal for Texas. Rancher has little or no planning for burn and typically no way to put out fires... ”it's my land and I'll do **** well what I please". wind picks up (24 hrs later), rekindle, threatening structures other properties, call the volunteer fire department to take care of it. (County judge remains quiet to not ruffle any feathers).

wow, there you go outside the city or in city limit it get out of hand. In Austin yesterday with the strong wind under 290overpass some crap was burning black smoke from a beehive homeless palace. About burning land some control fire can be beneficial for the soil but I don't think the rancher want to hire the fire department to oversee there work most probably like you say Brian that there land the can do the **** the want.

Welcome to the forum. Here are those threads we were talking about:

Great! Thank you.

So it was you. Glad you made it out! Hopefully we meet again on a different ride, definitely keep an eye on threads recommended.

So it was you. Glad you made it out! Hopefully we meet again on a different ride, definitely keep an eye on threads recommended.

You should check out Jorge's Youtube channel. That bike wasn't always that clean :)

You should check out Jorge's Youtube channel. That bike wasn't always that clean :)
I found it, great videos. I remember seeing that one video on Dan the Fireman, unbelievable. Glad you had some dirty fun on the Versys Ocho, I will never be able to match how well you took care of it but I do my best.

I wasn't going to share this, but what the ****. Big bend at Christmas. Found the Versys in a foot of snow at the end of a 10 day backpacking trip. Had to dig it out and melt the ice off the throttle body with a camp stove. See attached pictures.

Heading to Sanora this weekend with the Versys and my Chinese dualsport for my bachelor party. The Hawk250 is for everyone to ride. It's a tank and soooo cheap to fix. No one else gets to ride the Versys :-D

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 204
Back