• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Is there a way to separate the Willow City Loop route out of the consolidate GPX route file. Uploading the whole consolidated file into Rever just yields a big mess to me.

Is there a way to separate the Willow City Loop route out of the consolidate GPX route file. Uploading the whole consolidated file into Rever just yields a big mess to me.

You can separate it in Gaia free version . Or on your computer separate in base camp save and transfer to phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the tip enrique60033. Worked like a charm. Here is the standalone Willow City Route gpx.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 03-mar-willow-city.gpx
    1.7 KB · Views: 211
Texas adventure riders group in rever has all the latest routes.

Thanks Ocho. I joined the group and see them there. Getting educated slowly............

Getting my vaccine this Saturday, unfortunately/fortunately.

I'm thinking that we should create 1-3 dirty routes that we can rotate every month. I think a lot of people would rather ride some dirt every month, and we have the regular rides for a more relaxed paved route.

I wouldn't mind riding Sandy Creek every month tbh.

I can too, but that's not the point.

Every month someone asks if there's dirt on this route. This gives me the impression people want to ride more dirtier routes.

Thanks everyone!!! Awesome ride to Castell today.

Attachments

• 20210306_125314.jpg
    20210306_125314.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 218
Good ride on Saturday Willow Loop was great. Couple of branch on the road after the storm but super nice weather. The Hamilton pool at the cray curve a truck was stuck after the thigh turn, The Police Officers on site was able to let us go through that was really nice.
IMG_0500.JPG

Thanks for leading Brit! It was a great route. If anyone is on Rever, I recorded the route from Hamilton Pool to the Castell General Store. Here it is...

Cheers,

Jason
KTM 1190 ADV R

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
You're welcome Jason.

Here are a some photos taken from screenshots of the video. I will post a youtube link to the video in a few minutes. The quality of video when viewed on youtube is s*** (sadd). The quality of the MP4 I created is much better.

Attachments

• CR315 Beginning Photo 1.jpg
    CR315 Beginning Photo 1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 211
  • CR315 Photo1 Break.jpg
    CR315 Photo1 Break.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Doesn't look like I can get the GPX from that link without a subscription. Would you mind sharing the GPX?

Good ride on Saturday Willow Loop was great. Couple of branch on the road after the storm but super nice weather. The Hamilton pool at the cray curve a truck was stuck after the thigh turn, The Police Officers on site was able to let us go through that was really nice.
View attachment 287492
Wow. That looks like Deals Gap in Tennessee when truckers try to use it as a short cut.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

View attachment 287492
The Sheriff's Deputy at the C-store told us about the truck and that it would be at least an hour wait so we took RR12 to Fitzhugh to Johnson City and North 281 to FM1323 to Althouse-Davis to CR309.

Glad y'all got lucky and the LEO let y'all go on across the river.

Riders,

As suggested, I have created a new thread for the Austin monthly rides. Here's the link.

Additionally, and also as suggested, I have created 5 dirt routes as alternatives to the planned monthly routes. The planned monthly rides are still there for the group. The 5 dirt routes give the group an option to ride more dirt than some of the planned routes.

The link to the gpx files for the planned routes and the dirt routes is in the new thread.

Does anyone know if the May Fredricksburg Loop is all paved? I have a friend I would like to invite that has a BMW R1200R street bike, so dirt would be difficult for him.

Back