• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

I'll be shooting to meet-up at the start location or 281@1323

Many going to ride the trails in Bastrop. That’s where I’ll be riding tomorrow. Y’all have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m gonna ride the loop then head to enchanted rock to hike and camp for the night. See y’all at the starting line if ur there

281 and 1323 is a good meetin spot. I’ve done it a few times. Where’s that kman. Is he still kickin?

Is 281 and 1323 the same as what the first post says? I'm riding with tall this time.

Seems about 10 decided to sweat it out this morning. The smarter folks probably were over in Cloudcroft NM where the weather is more conducive to riding.

Route was all paved *except* North Lamar between 29th and MLK where it was resurfaced and had 'deep gravel'.

566c9f0c57a31c67bcb826024dccabd6.jpg
837b93e27e4117e4e43cc16995221e36.jpg
74f28a6a3ecce0e24d6a8101856840e8.jpg

Maybe next time we’ll have 5 red ATs on the ride

How newbie friendly are these rides? I'm pretty unexperienced on dirt/gravel roads, also on regular roads haha. They sound fun tho! Seems like what I've been looking for.

How newbie friendly are these rides? I'm pretty unexperienced on dirt/gravel roads, also on regular roads haha. They sound fun tho! Seems like what I've been looking for.

I say they are easy as long as you don't try to keep up with the faster riders. Usually that's not an issue though. Only the water crossings can be a problem, but even seasoned riders get attacked by the ninja moss!:rider:

The September ride is all pavement, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Come on out, put some faces with names, and see part of the Hill Country. The October ride is James River Road, which is as close to a classic Austin area adventure ride as you can get. Lots of dirt roads (maintained), and numerous river crossings, including the semi famous James River crossing. And you get BBQ for lunch.

This Saturday is 9-01, who's coming out? I'm planning on attending, but pulling off at 281 and heading into San Antonio to see a friend and maybe grab a tag.

This Saturday is 9-01, who's coming out? I'm planning on attending, but pulling off at 281 and heading into San Antonio to see a friend and maybe grab a tag.

I think it time to dust off the Beta and start riding again. Will meet-up with the group on route at Yeager or Middle Creek.

Riders,

A friendly reminder - the first Saturday ride is tomorrow, Sept 1st. This month's ride is the Kendalia loop. While it is all pavement, it does include some exceptionally fun paved twisties.

I will be there tomorrow. It'll be good to put some faces to some names since this is my first group ride since joining

Unfortunately can’t join but I’m very excited to ride with you all soon. I might do this loop by myself next weekend though! I should be in for the October ride with proper tires.

Anyone have an opinion or is using WolfPack app?

So, I'm trying to generate some interest for this ride among the various Facebook groups i'm in. Would there be an issue with creating a FB Event, with the information about the ride and a link to here? I don't want to step on any toes.

So, I'm trying to generate some interest for this ride among the various Facebook groups i'm in. Would there be an issue with creating a FB Event, with the information about the ride and a link to here? I don't want to step on any toes.
I dont see why would that be an issue. Where is the ride to ?

Back