• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Don’t think we will be there by 0900. We don’t leave the start point (the Texaco on Hamilton Pool Rd) until about 0915.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like about 4 of us will start in Johnson City. Look for us at the Exxon corner of 2766 and 281.
Me too, on a ST

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

M
Don’t think we will be there by 0900. We don’t leave the start point (the Texaco on Hamilton Pool Rd) until about 0915.

My bad. Will see y’all when ya get there.

I am getting ready to leave Austin to head to our place in JC. All my bikes are there, so I am going to meet Gina and JT at the barn and get setup. If you are early, you are welcome to come hang out with us there. Looks like a light rain there right now.

44CE7407-9441-4410-A437-B91E28D47F5F.jpeg
44CE7407-9441-4410-A437-B91E28D47F5F.jpeg

Thanks for the great ride today, even though it was a little gray and misty I had an awesome time. Great food for lunch at Manny’s (good call on the Resturant John). Found some great new roads and a few new water crossings[emoji846] (no cops [emoji1986] turning us around this time). Most of all some great conversation with great people. It is such a blessing to have such a wonderful group of people to ride with! See y’all next month. Oh and Mike we will have to keep an eye out for some more of those asphalt berms [emoji6]

My first ride with y'all yesterday! It was great to meet everyone! The ride was a blast, thanks for the great day! I took a couple of pics....

Attachments

• 20190202_094317.jpg
    20190202_094317.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 20190202_134332.jpg
    20190202_134332.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 198
Sorry I missed it, just had too much on my plate.

My first ride with y'all yesterday! It was great to meet everyone! The ride was a blast, thanks for the great day! I took a couple of pics....
Wow, pretty good turnout for less than great weather. About 10 of you? Way to go twt.

My attempt at video editing...

Watch "to Luckenbach and back" on YouTube

JT, thanks for texting me on Friday night about the ride, I would have missed it otherwise. Had a great time meeting several new friends and had a lot of fun with Steve (Reno), loved the asphalt berm, need to find more! KMan, nice video, I thought I would look faster than that LOL

Is the March ride on 3/2 still happening? Because many will go to Big Bend that weekend. Whats the plan for the monthly ride ?

Is the March ride on 3/2 still happening? Because many will go to Big Bend that weekend. Whats the plan for the monthly ride ?

Hi All,
The monthly ride is always on no matter what else happens to be going on. Additionally it is a rain or shine event so it is not canceled due to normal weather either.

I’m in for the March Ride also. I have the route on my GPS if we need it.

Hi All,
The monthly ride is always on no matter what else happens to be going on. Additionally it is a rain or shine event so it is not canceled due to normal weather either.

I’m in for the March Ride also. I have the route on my GPS if we need it.

Is March the Willow city route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes out through the Willow City loop and then over near Enchanted Rock, down near Fredricksburg and the back east towards Austin.

There is a section that may have some rough road, back country with loose asphalt base on top.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

Any dirt sections would be short and packed with some loose gravel in the corners, some pot holes.

Expect low water crossing, shouldn't be many with flowing water.

I wouldn't be surprised by several if not many cattle gaurds.

All in all, looks like this run is more then 90% paved road?

There is 2 routes in March
Mar: Willow City Loop, 174 miles if i remember correct this all paved, some low water crossings
Mar alternate Castell 189 miles this has dirt when you go thru click (Cr 315, Cr 310) mostly paved now.

Aaron

Back