• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

I got up at 6:00 to do an oil change before the ride and also took the time to replace a weeping gasket which took a bit longer than I had anticipated. Maybe next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got up at 6:00 to do an oil change before the ride and also took the time to replace a weeping gasket which took a bit longer than I had anticipated. Maybe next time

At least your back from your non mc mishap.

We had 14 riders at the start, and after putting it to a vote, we decided to do the March alt ride, including Willow City, Keyserville Road, Castell, CR104, and Sandy Creek to finish. Final score:

Bikes dumped in water crossings-2 (including Jorge's new GS 1250 twice. Sorry man)
Bikes dumped in the deep sand on Keyserville-1. New rider on a Africa Twin, with the 80/20 stock tires. He was a trooper though.
Bikes buried in the Llano river-1, but we dug it out.
Bikes dumped in creek beds trying to bypass road construction-1. Rider and bike were both fine.

Final tally, 7 riders at the finish. Every one with a smile on their face :) I'll let Elio post pictures, he's in charge of that kind of thing.

Sounds like a really fun ride sorry I missed it.

Great time in the hill country, and an amazing wildflower-laden series of roads. Willow City was new to me and it was amazing. Thanks to Mike for leading and for everyone who helped pick up bikes and the spirits of the riders who had unfortunate drops. Glad everyone finished happy & healthy.

Great time, great people! Here are the highlights from today.

Last edited:
Riders,

Reminder: the Austin monthly first Saturday ride is this weekend. Mark your calendar.

I’m not sure if I can make it is anyone else going to ride this Saturday?

I am gonna give it a try tomorrow. See you guys tomorrow morning.

SAB and I want to ride tomorrow, but we will be starting from Kerrville. Is there going to be a group riding the suggested track, or do you guys think you'll do something different?

How was the ride on Saturday, did anybody make it?

Five of us rode the Marble Falls loop. Sorry to have missed JT’s message the night before about meeting up, otherwise we’d have coordinated a rendezvous point & time.

Good times had by all (I think). Dined in Burnet for lunch & then explored some trails near Lago Vista until one rider had a little electrical gremlin. Of course it happened during the hottest part of our ride! But we got the bike going and everybody heading home to cool off.

....Sorry to have missed JT’s message the night before about meeting up, otherwise we’d have coordinated a rendezvous point & time....

not to worry, we wanted to meet up with the group for lunch, but we posted rather last minute.

we did a fun ride-my favorite bit:16 thru the canyons to Medina, 337 to Vanderpool, then over the 'mountains' to Leakey. fuel and a cool drink then down to Concan and over by Garner SP.

near Utopia, we cooled off in one of our favorite creeks. home by about 4. traffic was light all day.

we were surprised we had the creek to ourselves.

Riders,

The 1st Saturday ride is upon us. See the first post in this thread for all the details.

Is anyone else planning to ride?

I’m actually spending the night in Johnson City and was just gonna text you to see what time you were planning on being in round Mountain

I’m not 100% sure I was going to ride but it’s been so long since I’ve been on one of these I better get my butt in gear and do one here but it is over 100°

Hi Mike, we are planning to be at the gas station in Round Mountain about 9:45. That should give us enough time for short break.

I'm out for this one. Working on maintenance/upgrade items now. I'm in for Sept, Oct & Nov. I love the James River ride and Pontotoc will be cool as well. In for HC 500 as well.

I won’t be able to make this one either. I will be tiling my son’s bathroom floor.

I am out too I just discovered my riding pants are in Austin but I’m in Johnson City sorry stay safe have fun

Back