• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

6d0f776c88a0c6c3affea93887f26623.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short-time lurker here ;-)

Looks like y'all had a great ride. I'm still shopping for an ADV, and the river crossing is def something I'd not like to try on my Roadmaster.

I really enjoyed all the pics and videos. I'll be sure to join ya some day.

Dan

Short-time lurker here ;-)

Looks like y'all had a great ride. I'm still shopping for an ADV, and the river crossing is def something I'd not like to try on my Roadmaster.

I really enjoyed all the pics and videos. I'll be sure to join ya some day.

Dan

Hey Dan,

Once a month TARA ( Tx Adventure Riders Assoc) meeting is tonight.

Short notice, but a great way to meet and get questions answered. If not tonight, maybe next month.

Ooh yeah, can't do tonight. But that's not far from me. I'll put on my calendar for next month. Thanks!

Dan

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hey Dan,

Once a month TARA ( Tx Adventure Riders Assoc) meeting is tonight.

Short notice, but a great way to meet and get questions answered. If not tonight, maybe next month.

Let us know earlier, that's bicycling distance from me...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I have a question for the longer-timers here: which of the monthly ride routes have the highest dirt-to-pavement ratio? I'm looking to ride as much dirt as I can manage while the weather is nice. I've checked out the routes in satellite view but it's kind of hard to tell. TIA!

Last edited:
Not a longer-timer, I've made 1/2 the routes? But, I would agree. James River has a lot of dirt. I would also say Castell can present some very challenging dirt at times.

Planning to be there tomorrow on the WR -- got a set of the Tusk dsport tires to try out

IMG_1744.jpeg

IS there something coming up for december? Long time lurking, finally got my very own XR650L that I am itching to go explore with

December's ride would have been last Saturday. Dec 5th. Always the first Saturday of the month. Check out the first post.
Check out all of the rides sections and you will probably be able to find someone going out that you can ride with.

Watch for Sander's Adventure Riders Breakfast Series rides, usually on the third Saturday of the Month. Next up is 12/12/20 starting from Centerpoint. Here's a link, ARBS-Saturday.

JT and I are planning on joining this ride "in progress" IOW, we'll join the group along the route, probably in Blanco or perhaps the intersection of 1623 and 1888.

Back