• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Will there be a monthly meet up ride Saturday, July 2nd? Coming from Houston so want to make sure it is still going on every first Saturday.
Yes, there is always a monthly Saturday ride. It's never cancelled.

That being said, there is no way to determine in advance how many riders will show up for the ride.

Yes, there is always a monthly Saturday ride. It's never cancelled.

That being said, there is no way to determine in advance how many riders will show up for the ride.
Awesome and the meet up is alway at the same time and location? "We meet at 8:30 am at the Texaco gas station/convenience store, 18901 Hamilton Pool Road, Dripping Springs, 78620 (intersection of Hwy 12 and Hamilton Pool Rd/3238). Stands up at 9 am."

Will there be a monthly meet up ride Saturday, July 2nd? Coming from Houston so want to make sure it is still going on every first Saturday.

Not sure how many folks are willing to deal with 100 degree heat, bro. You might get a few hardy souls, but idk...

Awesome and the meet up is alway at the same time and location? "We meet at 8:30 am at the Texaco gas station/convenience store, 18901 Hamilton Pool Road, Dripping Springs, 78620 (intersection of Hwy 12 and Hamilton Pool Rd/3238). Stands up at 9 am."
Yes, always in the same place and at the same time.

The ride is always on. But there is no way to estimate how many riders may show up. The worse the weather (heat, rain, snow, etc) the fewer riders you can expect to attend.

I’ve been doing Sunday morning exploratory breakfast rides east of Austin for the last several weeks to Bastrop, Smithville and Round Top. High 70s low 80s in the morning and 90-92 the way back at noon-1 o’clock at the latest. It’s about a 200 mile loop from my place in East Austin to round top and back riding strictly on secondary roads

I’ve been doing Sunday morning exploratory breakfast rides east of Austin for the last several weeks to Bastrop, Smithville and Round Top. High 70s low 80s in the morning and 90-92 the way back at noon-1 o’clock at the latest. It’s about a 200 mile loop from my place in East Austin to round top and back riding strictly on secondary roads
You riding east of Austin on the 7th? Looking to meet with ADV riders in south central. All my friends are HD guys, and I am jonesing for some gravel.

Scot

You riding east of Austin on the 7th? Looking to meet with ADV riders in south central. All my friends are HD guys, and I am jonesing for some gravel.

Scot
Scot, just seeing this,...I havent looked for dirt/gravel,...and only a couple interesting/curvy roads east of town.

Planning on coming in from Houston to do the monthly Austin TARA ride on Nov. 5th. Any body planning on making it. Trying to confirm there are some people that are gonna attend before I come in. I would hate to show up and no body else be there to ride with.

Planning on coming in from Houston to do the monthly Austin TARA ride on Nov. 5th. Any body planning on making it. Trying to confirm there are some people that are gonna attend before I come in. I would hate to show up and no body else be there to ride with.
I know some guys who want to go. Can't go myself

Unlikely that JT or I will make it.

Hope some others chime in for you.

Thinking about hauling my bike down from Waco for the Nov 5 ride.
It's showing thunderstorms, but I guess that's subject to change.

What are the rides usually like? Is there a lunch stop or anything?

I'm not normally much on group rides, and still considering hauling my bike down there Saturday.

I’ve got this ride on my schedule and plan on being there. This will be my first Austin TARA ride. Don’t know how it goes but I’m figuring we’ll stop somewhere for lunch.

Got the bike loaded and ready to head toward Austin. If you’re gonna go on the Saturday TARA
image.jpg
ride tomorrow please confirm here and let me know. If nobody confirms then I might head over to Kerrville and go ride out there as I know there’s some stuff going on. Please let me know!

Hey Gina, Thank you for the invitation. I made the last serve yo’self ride and had a blast but I heard back from somebody on Mextrek Amigos Whats App thread that is going to be there tomorrow so I’m committed to go riding with him. If I had two days to go ride I would be there. My wife really wanted me to only go riding one day because my daughter has tech week next week which is a week full of rehearsals before a play she is in. I’ll try and make the next one.

Last edited:
Hey Gina, Thank you for the invitation. I made the last serve yo’self ride and had a blast but I heard back from somebody on Mextrek Amigos Whats App thread that is going to be there tomorrow so I’m committed to go riding with him. If I had two days to go ride I would be there. My wife really wanted me to only go riding one day because my daughter has tech week next week which is a week full of rehearsals before a play she is in. I’ll try and make the next one.
NP! Have a great day riding

Back