• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin to Alaska ... July 2014

It's 1000 miles to Regina. We've got a full tank of gas, half a cliff bar, it's daylight and we're wearing sunglasses... Hit it.

In Sioux Falls SD. I've been doing some mental math... There's a lot of time for that driving through Iowa... And after a good bit of cipherin' and checking the decimal points I've arrived at the conclusion that you couldn't pay me enough to live in Iowa

Wow, I don't know how you do it... Ride on!....and on and on and on...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNdagpIgItw"]AC/DC - Ride On (with Bon Scott) - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry , I just had to :jammin:

It's good when trees do this right?
te7usa3u.jpg

Well, I made it to Regina after a few small delays about 1am. Only to find out all hotels (yes I'll be camping later) were booked due to flood workers in the area. Found 1 room at a super 8 outside of tow

I take back anything ad I've ever said about Oklahoma and Kansas being flat and boring. They are roller coaster compared to Saskatchewan.

Looking at your route, I might have chosen to go out and back on your back route. That is awfully flat land you are crossing, but it sure is going by fast! At least it's fast for me sitting here at home with my coffee watching the spot tracker. :D

Cleaned my Wind screen I Estevan... And this happen In about 6 miles on the far side of it. Had to flip up the visor and eat bugs
ugeduhy2.jpg

emebu8e8.jpg

Even the gopro got in on it... Pure masacre

Yuck !
Really covering some ground. Are you farther than you thought you might be at this time? :clap:

Brian - You are the toughest LD rider on TWTEX! Your endurance is simply amazing. I look forward to tracking your trip.

:clap:

The guys who boast about riding 700 to 800 miles on hard packed dirt are probably jealous by now.

:lol2:

Safe Travels,

RB

Two of the guys that did over 800 in 19 hours ,did it on a dirt bikes. I doubt they are jealous. :giveup:

You're hauling the mail.... I got back from Anchorage in six days on my trip.

Keep the pics coming. You're bringing back a lot of memories and I'd love to see how it's changed in the past 14 years.

Back