• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin to Big Bend Jan 1,2 & 3rd

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
I am planning a ride that takes off early on 1st of January ( Yes New Years day. ) out of Austin to Big Bend. Will setup in primitive camp spots that night. On the 2nd ride the river road and spend the day hitting tourist spots etc. Camp another night at a primitive campsite. The 3rd break camp and ride back to Austin.

I know it is not enough time to see much of Big Bend but I am on a limited schedule. Not planning to ride beyond the improved roads. Some of course are packed dirt but not looking to ride any of the sandy trails.

I am wanting to limit the size of the group to a max of 6. We will have to pack in everything. Water, food etc. I have a camp stove but two is always better than one. ( Just incase. )

If you are cool with primitive camping, look at the Talley site, south of River Road, about half way between pavement. Darn remote, and puts you on the trailhead to Mariscal Canyon.

> Not planning to ride beyond the improved roads
Oh, maybe never mind. It's 6 pretty rough / sandy miles south of River Road

Back