• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin to Llano/Fredericksburg Dirt Roads this Saturday September 26, 2020

Since I missed it, I'm going to go follow the route sometime in the near future.

I would be interested as well.

I did not see any mention of gps route?
If someone has the route, I would like to get a copy and take a look.

Bike Jones was leading that parade, no need for maps. He's got a cyclopedic memory of the roads in those parts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hey @Jarrett and @Jmac1775 -- I rode most of this ride, meeting the Austin group in Round Mountain (so it's missing their Austin-to-Round Mountain parts). I think this is a good "cleansed" (no home address) version of the track: https://eatsleepride.com/c/343712/round_mountain_to_llano_dirt_roads_-_saturday_september_26_2020.

@Jarrett swears by Eat Sleep Ride, so I'm giving it a shot. So far, I'm not a fan (everything is public, it only has Routes [not Tracks], breaks constantly with Firefox, and errors often with Chrome). So if you have trouble, let me know.

No, but I tried manually recreating it in RideWithGPS:

Wasn't sure on the direction, so I just stuck with counterclockwise.

Does it look correct?
Cool. It looks correct at a glance but I don't have to look closely right now.

You should just ignore all the 281 parts, and I took Spring Branch road on my own (good but not dirt).

@webnel, I like this route! I've been on most of the route in the southern half either on moto or bicycle. I will say that Louden Rd (which is paved) has been treacherous on a bicycle due to the slick water crossings. I've done a spring bicycle weekend in Fredericksburg for the past 13 years and our group finally had to bypass that road after too many crashes, including a broken hip three years ago. Everyone kept thinking they were a Pro rider and could ride through them without getting off!

How was Louden on a moto?

@webnel, I like this route! I've been on most of the route in the southern half either on moto or bicycle. I will say that Louden Rd (which is paved) has been treacherous on a bicycle due to the slick water crossings. I've done a spring bicycle weekend in Fredericksburg for the past 13 years and our group finally had to bypass that road after too many crashes, including a broken hip three years ago. Everyone kept thinking they were a Pro rider and could ride through them without getting off!

How was Louden on a moto?
All roads seem fine to me. However everyone should keep in mind any concrete low water crossing can be super slippery on two wheels.

Darn it.. i forgot my bike has developed a bit of an oil leak at the top of the cylinder. It may be the head gasket or valve cover seal, but I dont think I can get it fixed by Saturday.

Back