• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Awesome Brakes!!!!

Hmm

Reaction score
I've had an 08 Wee Strom for a little less than a year now and I keep finding upgrades or mods to add to functionality or comfort. Right from the start I was not impressed with the brakes. I ended up upgrading these and rode today with the new brakes. As Frank Romano would say.."HOLY CRAP!!!" My bike now has sport bike brakes. I went with EBC HH pads and a set of Galfer stainless brake lines. Huge difference. The front brake lever went from a 2/3 squeeze to stop to a 1/4 squeeze. Excellent mod for people that want better braking. :thumb:

When Ettore Bugatti's race car drivers complained about his lousy, antiquated cable brakes, he famously replied, "I build my cars to go, not to stop!"

Nevertheless, I'll probably spend a little more next time and try EBC brake pads.

The firmness is mostly the brake lines, but the pads could be providing more bite on the pads. This is one mid I always recommend.

Reactions: Hmm
I put Galfer sintered pads on my Vee and it feels like power brakes . One finger is all you need or should use now. Still have the stock lines for now.

The braided lines are responsible for the lever firmness as even new rubber lines swell some slight amount when braking and as they
age and the rubber gets softer they swell more that hose expansion is fluid not going to your caliper, braided lines dont swell or at least
not to a easily measurable difference under the pressures of a normal brake system.

Back