• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bad time to total a bike

Just looked up my Twin on NADA. Low retail $11,760, average retail $15,475, MSRP $13,599, and I paid $10,599 (not OTD) as new old stock last December.
Leave the key in it, let it be stolen and you can then get the 1100 version and still have 1000 left for goodies.

Leave the key in it, let it be stolen and you can then get the 1100 version and still have 1000 left for goodies.

Not a chance! I don't want the 1100. I don't need an IMU or touchscreen dash. Could've bought a 2020 when I got the '19. I have what I want and I just finished getting it all set up how I want it. Roughly 5000 miles on it now, just getting broken in!

I seem to remember that conversation now.

What do you think about doing the eat and shoot next week? That thread about the English pub got me salivating for fish and chips. Got a good place for that on the corner of Malcomson and Grant (Crafthouse Grill).

I seem to remember that conversation now.

What do you think about doing the eat and shoot next week? That thread about the English pub got me salivating for fish and chips. Got a good place for that on the corner of Malcomson and Grant (Crafthouse Grill).

Got a particular day in mind? I have a trip to prep for next week.

Got a particular day in mind? I have a trip to prep for next week.
None in particular. Wednesday is reserved for Katy Bike Night, when it happens. My schedule is open so you can select a day according to you trip prep needs. Or hold off for another time if that's better.

It's the new rip off by the insurance industry. Total it out for a lower price and pay you less. Then take the wrecked bike / car to auction and sell it to someone who will fix it. My newer car that cost 22k will probably be worth 4-5k when paid off after 6 years. I'm going straight to liability when it's paid off and take my chance.

UPDATE: After asking them to re-evaluate and correct a couple pricing discrepancies, they raised the price $1500. Not as high as I hoped, but definitely a reasonable / acceptable amount now.

UPDATE: After asking them to re-evaluate and correct a couple pricing discrepancies, they raised the price $1500. Not as high as I hoped, but definitely a reasonable / acceptable amount now.
And way better than if you'd just grabbed the check and ran. It's some work but you got $1500 extra out of it all.

So $4300 for a 2006 Sprint ST? That's probably fair for a plain jane one that was acceptably taken care of. It's a down payment at least.

So, now it's time to go shopping.

So $4300 for a 2006 Sprint ST? That's probably fair for a plain jane one that was acceptably taken care of. It's a down payment at least.

So, now it's time to go shopping.
Ended up 4900 after 500 deductible, so 5400 total. It had the matching side cases and a few other items, had 50k miles, and was in pretty decent shape.

Back