• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Baja 2020

Reaction score
We made a trip from Austin to Cabo the first week in Feb, just before the pandemic shut down travel. Here are a few miscellaneous shots celebrating the sights along the way:

Baha route m.png

DSCF1569 (3).JPG

Borderland Polarr 3.jpg

DSCF1575 Polarr.jpg

DSCF1583.JPG

DSCF1584 (2).JPG

DSC06440.JPG

DSC06638.JPG

DSCF1601.JPG

DSC06554.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

Wonderful ride.

Vaya con dios,
Mike

Attachments

• DSCF1569 (5).JPG
    DSCF1569 (5).JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF1585.JPG
    DSCF1585.JPG
    401.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF1575 (2).JPG
    DSCF1575 (2).JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
:drool: On my list of trips I’d like to do.

Like Nike's slogan, "Just do it!". You've ridden Mexico a bunch, extend it to Baja. It's different enough from mainland MX to be real appealing.

I've gone three times: First time solo, second time with one other rider, and most recently five of us (fewer is better IMHO). I may go again when this pandemic lets up.

Although my map doesn't show it, I avoided I-10 after El Paso, instead hugging the border across NM and into AZ, following parts of old Highway 80 across southern AZ. Historical Hwy 80 was the southern equivalent to Route 66, although obviously not as famous. All great riding.

In Baja, you can get as much adventure riding in as you've got the stomach for. In that light, here's trip #2: https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/baja-bind.115861/

Mike

Last edited:
Although my map doesn't show it, I avoided I-10 after El Paso, instead hugging the border across NM and into AZ, following parts of old Highway 80 across southern AZ...

Next time cross over into MX sooner, Antelope Wells is my favorite. There are some awesome twisty mountain roads crossing Chihuahua, Sonora and Baja Norte. Plenty of unpaved roads as well. And as you know, sometimes even the paved turn out to be unpaved. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Very nice ride and pics! It’s so far just to get to baja, I’m intrigued about your Mx route SB. That I-10 across Texas is murder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back