• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bambi Took Me Out!

Dang. Sorry to hear that.

When/where did the ambulance pick you up?

Ouch!!!! Hope it all goes well and speedy recovery!

Been there, done that! My hit was in Arkansas. Hope all goes well and you recover fully.

Sounds like you have some healing to do. Deer have gone absolutely insane this fall. Early morning two Saturdays ago I watched a very nice buck come out of a field at full stride, cross two lanes of a divided highway, the median and run headlong into the back trailer wheels of a tanker 18 wheeler in front of me. Bent the fender into the tires and sent bambi cartwheeling about 20 yards in the air. There's been a half dozen since that I've had to slow down for. Creatures have lost their minds.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you heal up quickly.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Oh man. Heal well and do what Dr. Sawbones tell you to do. Then ride again.

I have had close calls. In Wyoming, it was the antelope...fast buggers.

After a small one bounced off my left cylinder head on an R75/5, I always thought airheads were safer in deer country! Praying now for your healing.

Glad you’re here posting about being hurt. Hope you get good care and heal quickly.

Man that stinks
It wasn’t fun being off the bike after being hit by Bambi
Hope your surgery goes well and that your recovery is quick and painless.

Sorry to hear. Sounds pretty painful but at least you are still around.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

So many close calls in Brown County. Once I was barely going 15 mpg on the gravel road to my home at twilight to avoid spooking the deer. A buck jumped a fence right right in front of me in full panic mode. I was almost almost T-boned. It hit the other side fence so hard it broke it's neck.

Praying for your total recovery.

Praying for a good recovery. I have had some close calls so I know how scary that can be.

It is that time of year. I had them destroy 2 of my bikes in the last few years. I normally see them every day from october through december, this year there hasn't been as many. Hopefully healing won't hurt too much for too long. The first one I hit hard and did the tumble and slide for well over 100 yards. Everything between my toes and my neck hurt for a month, now I can forecast the rain.

I'll shoot a couple for you this season, payback. (I'd shoot them anyway ... but maybe this will help the healing process a bit!)

Sorry to hear and glad you are able to post up about it.

Here in Kerrville, the deer are numerous and have lost all caution. Wish folks didn't feed them in their backyards because "they are so cute". Argh
I don't mind the domesticated ones so much, they usually just seem to stand there.

It's the wild darters that scare me.

I remember absolutely nothing of the day. Apparently I was out taking pics of farm roads. This is my last picture on my camera. Apparently the gear worked - no road rash as all.
7EDE69B4-BB94-4E65-8A23-034C8228A723.jpeg

Back