• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bambi Took Me Out!

Hope you heal up quickly. I can relate - similar injuries, hospital stay and surgery a couple of years ago. Just not the result of a bambi strike...

I remember absolutely nothing of the day ... Apparently the gear worked - no road rash as all.

That’s the best thing of all. For a long time I tried to do the same. Came to the realization that it could have sacred me from doing what I truly love doing. “Fear is the mind killer“ and I truly do not need to remember my life flight or waking up in the ICU.

Glad you’re ok and still have a chance to be with your family and loved ones. Could have been a lot worse.

If you can't remember, it is likely a very good thing you were wearing a helmet or you might not be here to be unable to remember... It would be interesting to see what damage there might be to your helmet. My dad had a bad accident many years ago and could not remember. It was several weeks before his memory started to return. He can now remember about five minutes before the accident, but that two weeks is gone. Probably just as well because he was in Memorial hospital for a good part of that time with broken ribs, neck, collar bone, hand bone, and a NASTY concussion.

Hope you will have a prompt recovery and I think it is probably better not remembering.

I was thinking about this accident often during a 300 mile ride through the Hill Country yesterday.

Surprisingly, I only saw 4 deer on the whole ride. I was expecting to see a lot more.

Hope the OP is recovering well.

...and its not only out 20-30 miles from town.
Was "in town" yesterday on a 45 MPH stretch and at high speed there crosses a doe with buck following close behind.
They were seen by all motorists....but said 2 deer were oblivious to multi car/truck traffic.
Be careful out there....everywhere...!!!

Passed all the cognitive tests Saturday morning and was able to walk far enough to be released. Came home to Salado from Wichita Falls yesterday. Even smooth roads can have painful bumps in them when you have broken ribs! I have a follow up with Scott and White Monday at 9:20. I hope I won’t be having another shoulder surgery.

Glad to hear things are better.

You didn't ride home, did you?

Dang, big time bummer. Glad you are still here and will recover to ride again.

Deer are a bikers 2nd worst enemy.

...and its not only out 20-30 miles from town.
Was "in town" yesterday on a 45 MPH stretch and at high speed there crosses a doe with buck following close behind.
They were seen by all motorists....but said 2 deer were oblivious to multi car/truck traffic.
Be careful out there....everywhere...!!!

For sure they are in town, out of town, at dawn, at dusk, at high noon.

Was with a small group one day, we had been out riding all day and were coming into Kerrville. On hwy 27, west of town, in a heavy traffic, built up area. A herd of deer attempted to cross all 5 lanes of traffic. They ran into stopped cars, some jumped onto hoods, at least one skidded under a pickup. And then, traffic moved on,as though nothing had happened.

I've never seen more "town deer" than I saw in Kerrville this past summer when I was there. They were everywhere.

Back