• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit 1250 wobbling ''low speed''

Reaction score
Ok...here's the situation...Bandit 1250 '08 with 142000km (88000mi). Wobbling occurring between 65 and 75 km/h (40 - 50 mph).

What has been checked:

- front wheel balancing and alignement (front wheel not crooked)
- steering bearing - ok
- fork oil changed - ok
- fork lowering - ok
- rear shock changed (used but with low mileage and not leaking) - ok
- swingarm bearing and bushing - ok
- rear tire alignement - ok

Both tires (Michelin PR4) have only 10000km (6000mi) on it...a small bit of cupping in the front...so no issue with that...

Still wobbling with luggage on...so weight in back, front lifting up a bit...

Any clues???

Still figuring out what could cause this situation...

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

My front PR4 was already behaving badly at 7750mi. I think the aggressive sipes/grooves made for faster dry wear, and it was badly cupped. When I finally replaced it at 8300mi, it could have gone another 1000mi, but it had become a complete buzzkill. Went back to a PR2 and have been happy ever since.

So I think it's your front tire, and the affect is magnified by the luggage.

So I think it's your front tire, and the affect is magnified by the luggage.

This. My VFR 800s, used to do the same thing. A new front tire solved it every time. Tire pressure did not seem to have much impact on it.

front tire x3
although there was a friend of mine had a similar experience on a bike that had been heavily 'wheelied'. It's not very likely at all but check the stem head/neck for cracks.

Hi Guy!

Thanks for the infos! I’ve re-checked everything and we finally found a barely perceptible «*click*» on the steering stem and some movement...seems that the lower bearing needs to be changed...might as well change both bearings...

Tire..My FJR wobbles when it's time for a front tire. I never need to check
thread depth, wobble-new front tire time.

Hi Guy!

Thanks for the infos! I’ve re-checked everything and we finally found a barely perceptible «*click*» on the steering stem and some movement...seems that the lower bearing needs to be changed...might as well change both bearings...

Glad you got it sorted out. Well done.

Hi Guy!

I did the same thing on my VFR 800. New bearings top and bottom. Every time the front tire got near its end of life, I'd still get the wobble. It was usually only during a coasting deceleration between 40-60 mph. New bearings are good, but don't be surprised if it still happens later.

Tire gets my vote too. I was running a PR4 on mine, no cupping either, it always had a vibration in it and once it had about 6k on it I had a noticeable buzz in it. Tossed a shinko raven on there, no more vibration or buzz and a heck of a lot less weights to balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem solved! Steering bearings (both) changed and the bike is amazing!!!

Though a small wobble stil occurs...the front tire will be changed next season...

Might be going back to Michelin PR3 this time... They have served me well in the past.

Thanks again for all the input!

Back