• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

bargain gear store find in Oklahoma

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
So I was really surprised by this... I moved to Muskogee, OK last year, and as I drove around town I saw this store in what looked like an old Kmart building or some such... a store called Walls. As I looked through the window driving by, it looked to me like a low budget Ross store... racks of hunting and pecking for a shirt that would fit. Well, I never went in. So I was looking for a helmet for my wife, and I was searching on facebook groups in Tulsa, and someone mentioned that they had helmets??? Weird, says I, but hey, let's walk in and see.

Well, yes, it's a lot like Ross...but they have a fairly extensive section of motorcycle helmets, jackets, boots, gloves, and a little "misc mechanical stuff for motorcycles" too! Holy cow! And like Ross, you're hunting and pecking and you PROBABLY won't find exactly what you want. But she didn't care what color her helmet was, just that she got a helmet that was nice, and new, and safe, and comfortable. I get her a new Shoei RF1200 for $250. They had a Mark Marquez RF1200 for 300 bucks...but it was a large, not an XL, so I didn't get it. They probably had 30-40 Shoei helmets, a few dozen Bells, some Icons, LSR, and a few other brands. Probably 100 jackets, dozens of gloves... Anyway, if you're a bargain hunter like me, it was a great and totally unexpected find. I'll be going back to search around more... like a lot of secondary market small lot bargain places, I think their inventory turns around a lot. I think the closest shop to Texas is in Ada, OK or in McAlester, OK... No online shopping.

Muskogee? You have my sincere sympathies. Guymon? I spent the summer there in college. I hope you can get out of there soon. And try to stay upwind of the feedlots.

Muskogee? You have my sincere sympathies. Guymon? I spent the summer there in college. I hope you can get out of there soon. And try to stay upwind of the feedlots.

The Woodlands?? Seriously? Pot meet Mr. Kettle! Most the people I know are leaving 'the Woodlands'. Unfortunately, they are moving north like a blight of grasshoppers.

The Woodlands?? Seriously? Pot meet Mr. Kettle! Most the people I know are leaving 'the Woodlands'. Unfortunately, they are moving north like a blight of grasshoppers.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

...or west to Austin [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never cared for the Woodlands. Waaaay too many homeowner rules for me....and too many people.

Living in The Woodlands is better than living in Houston in any aspect. I've done both. There has not been, and there isn't, any mass exodus out of The Woodlands. HOA's are a necessary evil, otherwise, your neighbor may install junk cars on cinder blocks in his front yard or assemble a pack of pit bull "sporting" dogs. There are stricter/worse HOA's around.

But I have not come to praise The Woodlands, but to condemn Muskogee and Guymon.

Back on topic, nice discovery. I once found helmets in a Tuesday Morning store in Katy.

I wonder if the one in Mc Alester has a similar selection of stuff. I may be rolling through Mc Alester in April so I may check it out. Thanks for the info

Back