• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barnwell Mountain

What are the top 3 in your estimation?
Post Enduro Assoc, Concho and LTR in no order, although I am biased as an LTR member. This is based on the size and diversity of the property and the amount of true single track. LTR is triple the size of Red River and the trails are motorcycle only. We do have a fun loop for 4 wheelers too--normal sized. Our ride over gates are not wide enough for most SxS.

Red River is fun but you have to stay on the MC only stuff to avoid getting killed.

Not sure what you like to ride but Red River might be a better venue. You can go from mild to wild there. Barnwell is pretty much the same riding for 34 miles. Its great practice but doesn't have near the terrain changes that Red River has. If you're into Extreme enduro Red River has all you can handle. Add in the New "Red" trail, Bills woods and Costa Rica and its probably the best offroad riding venue in Texas.
Were you planning to be at RR next weekend? Nobody has shown interest here yet so I would be good to change parks. I haven't ridden RR before so nice to have a veteran to follow around. I can do Barnwell another time.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Post Enduro Assoc, Concho and LTR in no order, although I am biased as an LTR member. This is based on the size and diversity of the property and the amount of true single track. LTR is triple the size of Red River and the trails are motorcycle only. We do have a fun loop for 4 wheelers too--normal sized. Our ride over gates are not wide enough for most SxS.

Red River is fun but you have to stay on the MC only stuff to avoid getting killed.
Guess we will have to disagree. Ive ridden the enduro circuit for a long time and West Texas Most days is a desert. This year Concho was Incredible. Most years its a dust bowl.
If you're an LTR guy you probably haven't ridden at RR in a while since the cut out the RR Dirt Riders. I would bet you've never ridden in Costa Rica or on the new red trail at RR. There was a reason that the Last Man standing was at Red River. Size is nice but quality on a regular basis is much better. I guess you have to know your way around RR to keep away from the SXS crowd. I'm usually there on weekdays but have no issues staying away from the SXS's.

Were you planning to be at RR next weekend? Nobody has shown interest here yet so I would be good to change parks. I haven't ridden RR before so nice to have a veteran to follow around. I can do Barnwell another time.

I'd like to ride next weekend but I need to work on the wife. I've been gone about 20 days this month riding.

Let me know if you decide to go to either place. If you want to go to RR I'll get you a spot. I'll show up for a day whichever you decide.

Guess we will have to disagree. Ive ridden the enduro circuit for a long time and West Texas Most days is a desert. This year Concho was Incredible. Most years its a dust bowl.
If you're an LTR guy you probably haven't ridden at RR in a while since the cut out the RR Dirt Riders. I would bet you've never ridden in Costa Rica or on the new red trail at RR. There was a reason that the Last Man standing was at Red River. Size is nice but quality on a regular basis is much better. I guess you have to know your way around RR to keep away from the SXS crowd. I'm usually there on weekdays but have no issues staying away from the SXS's.
Agree. Been going to RRMT for 25 years and have never had an issue with SxS or quads and it's significantly better now than it was even 3 or 5 years ago.

Let me know if you decide to go to either place. If you want to go to RR I'll get you a spot. I'll show up for a day whichever you decide.
I'm thinking of heading to RRMT on Saturday with my son.

I'd go to Barnwell, but it's 2.5 hours one way from me and a bit much for a day ride. He has other stuff on Sunday he wants to get back for so we don't plan to camp this time.

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread but let me know if any of you end up going to RRMT on Saturday.

Well it's looking like neither place for me at the moment. I had work postponed at tenant's request so need to do it now Thursday or after.

I'm thinking of heading to RRMT on Saturday with my son.

I'd go to Barnwell, but it's 2.5 hours one way from me and a bit much for a day ride. He has other stuff on Sunday he wants to get back for so we don't plan to camp this time.

Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread but let me know if any of you end up going to RRMT on Saturday.
If you go I'll go. Was there yesterday and its drying out but Bills woods and the Red Trail are still nice.
The GOAT was there yesterday riding as well. image0-34.jpeg

If you go I'll go. Was there yesterday and its drying out but Bills woods and the Red Trail are still nice.
The GOAT was there yesterday riding as well.View attachment 278268
I have 2 other capable riders in the "maybe" status so it's likely I'll go but not definite. If I do, we would probably get there around 8:30 or 9:00 on Saturday morning.

I don't know if I have the skill / fitness to keep up with you but hopefully I won't slow you down too much.

Having said that, if you are definitely in, I could commit as well and worse case, it would just be the 2 of us.

Let me know.

Feel free to send me a DM as well and we can exchange cell numbers and figure this out.

I have 2 other capable riders in the "maybe" status so it's likely I'll go but not definite. If I do, we would probably get there around 8:30 or 9:00 on Saturday morning.

I don't know if I have the skill / fitness to keep up with you but hopefully I won't slow you down too much.

Having said that, if you are definitely in, I could commit as well and worse case, it would just be the 2 of us.

Let me know.

Feel free to send me a DM as well and we can exchange cell numbers and figure this out.

I think one of those guys you were thinking about is going to try and make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back