• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barnwell Rides

Wish I could go. Heading to my beach house in Galveston for a little fishing and might hit the Houston SX. Enjoy and be safe!

This was one of the only photos we took last weekend on 3/24. It's from the S or SE corner of the property where it retains a little more water. We eventually stopped gawking and stepped in to pull the bike out for her.

If you followed this thread you'd think Barnwell was one big mud-hole. Not true. On the good ST we just don't stop to take photos!!!

Now, where to ride this weekend?

There are all the usual suspencts (Hilton, Marriott, etc.) in Longview about 30 minutes away. Gilmer has a few hotels, but is a much smaller town.

There are several cabins for rent at Barnwell. Per their website:

Barnwell Mountain has six cabins and five bunkhouses available for rent. Cabins 1, 2, and 3 are located near the office at the top of the entrance road. Cabins 4, 5, and 6 are located past the pavilion and maintenance building. All cabins have hot and cold running water, a bathroom with a shower, heat and air conditioning, a sink, microwave, grill, refrigerator, and satellite TV. You must bring your own cookware, linens and bathroom supplies. The first cabin's maximum occupancy is three and rents for $65 a night. The second cabin's maximum occupancy is six. It rents for $85 a night. The third cabin's maximum occupancy is four (a queen and bunk beds) and rents for $75 a night. Cabins 4, 5, and 6 have a maximum occupancy of four (a queen and bunk beds) and each rents for $95 a night. See the Photo Gallery for additional photos of each cabin.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Red River MC trails in Bulcher. Taking trials bike and 300. Will be there at least a couple of days. Trials trails are really challenging up there.

Back