• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barnwell trip (Dual Sport)

Revelc

Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Chavanne
I am planning to ride up to Barnwell a few times over the summer. I live a little over an hour from the park so plans can be flexible. I have 200 acres if anyone wants to make a dry run and camp overnight on our place before we head out.

For a first trip I'm thinking March 20-22nd

I'll be riding my WR250R out there if anyone wants to join let me know.

I'd be interested. I have been to Barnwell a few times. Always have a blast. Let me know when you solidify any dates. I'm currently available March 21-22, and I live right down the road from you.

I lived on Susie street for a while. Can't believe I never saw your bike around town.
Those dates might just work. Let me get with the wife and make sure.
I also have some places in Ben wheeler to explore anytime you want come up and ride.

Sounds great. Let me know. Maybe I will have a new bike by then.

Yes. The sticker is like $10, I think. All vehicles at Barnwell need a ohv sticker. They sale them there or you can get them at most bike shops. Baja explorer, I see you have a drz400 and live in Tyler. My buddy has the same bike and lives in Tyler too. He has had it at barnwell many times

Yes. The sticker is like $10, I think. All vehicles at Barnwell need a ohv sticker. They sale them there or you can get them at most bike shops. Baja explorer, I see you have a drz400 and live in Tyler. My buddy has the same bike and lives in Tyler too. He has had it at barnwell many times

Actually 16.

I couldn't ride anything as small as a DRZ400, that is a DR650SE.

Just kidding, I tend to wish I had have gotten a 400.
Will see if I can handle the weight when it is loaded.

I've got my bike geared down fairly low. How far is the closest gas station from the park?

About 2 miles. My buddy is talking about going. He will truck his bike up there so we could throw gas on his truck.

I couldn't ride anything as small as a DRZ400, that is a DR650SE.

Just kidding, I tend to wish I had have gotten a 400.
Will see if I can handle the weight when it is loaded.

Yeah. I have a dr650 too. Should've known with that huge taillight on the back. Gets real heavy when stuck on the side of a mountain.

The 21-22 work for me.

I'm glad my 250 is light enough to pick up all day long, I'm going to take quiet a few spills.

How would everyone feel about meeting at the IHOP in Lindale for breakfast before we head out? Everyone can have a chance to meet each other and fellowship.
We could fuel up there and head out around 8:30.
Joe if your buddy doesn't mind I might need to throw some tools and gear in his truck.
Gas can, 45 liter backpack, and a small craftsman box. If not I can just travel light.
All my farkles have been power mods so no luggage racks as of yet.

I was planning on it. It being so close it doesn't really have to be either.

I'm fine with that.
I have only been riding since the first week of January so it would probably be good for me to take it easy on my first trip.

I was planning on the day only. It's close though, but the kids will want to go with me Saturday. Barnwell is a little too much for the kids still.

How would everyone feel about meeting at the IHOP in Lindale for breakfast before we head out? Everyone can have a chance to meet each other and fellowship.
We could fuel up there and head out around 8:30.
Joe if your buddy doesn't mind I might need to throw some tools and gear in his truck.
Gas can, 45 liter backpack, and a small craftsman box. If not I can just travel light.
All my farkles have been power mods so no luggage racks as of yet.

Friday the 21st at 8:30 works for me. My buddy works that night and was planning on going out for a little bit. He will probably leave early that day to get ready for work. I will be getting off that morning at 6:30 a.m., so hopefully it is a quiet night. We can figure something out.

Ok. Well we can figure something out.
My wife said she would like to tag along.
We will be bringing her station wagon so we can stuff it with gear and sleep in it overnight.

Well unfortunately my schedule at work changed overnight. I won't be able to make any weekend trips for a while. But the trip can't be cancelled on my account. I hope Joe and Joe still make it up there. I'll be passing the torch to one of them now.

Bummer man. Let us know when you can ride. Maybe we can make a national forest ride down south. I picked up that KTM tonight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 198
Back