• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barnwell trip (Dual Sport)

I have to cancel. I just had a septic issue at house. I believe it will take my whole Friday. This sucks. Supposed to rain this weekend. Looked like tomorrow would've been perfect. If anyone makes it up there, have fun

Did anyone end up going? If so, how was it? I would definitely be interested in going up with a group.

We ended up having to rearrange things and the trip will have to be rescheduled. There were a few rocky hill climbs in River Run that I really enjoyed so I am looking forward to riding Barnwell soon.

Anyone interested riding this sunday? I've never been there so this Will be my first time.

We will post something next time we ride there. We ended up going on a last minute trip a few weeks ago and had a blast.

So, I was just up yesterday with my '73 Commando (Jeep, not bike) and was eyeballing it as far as ADV riding goes. One could progress from dirt/gravel all the way to full on trials rider and not get bored of the place. The actual M/C loop might be a little hairy for bigger dual-sports, but there even the access roads will get you used to riding off pavement, and there are miles of those. Some of the 2 star OHV trails could also be fun/stretching to learn on.

For those concerned about cost ($30/day w/o membership) a membership is only $60 and your sign up day is free. Renewal is $50 and the day you pay your renewal is also free. Obviously it doesn't take long to break even.

I'd love go up with several people sometime.

I went up a year or so ago by myself and had a decent day. I haven’t had time to even think about it over the winter because we play hockey over in Shreveport.
I would definitely be interested in going up again. Especially if it’s a group interested in a more ADV style ride. I only have my TransAlp and I figured out that’s it’s a bit big for single track.

Going to try riding and camping there. But they are only open on weekends. I’m getting set up to do 2 wheel camping and riding just cruising backroads around Kilgore now on xr650l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back