• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Basecamp - Mac, Question

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
At one time I thought I could go in to a profile/setting/function/menu whatchumacallit in Basecamp and set up fuel cost per gallon and my vehicles mpg and how many miles between fill ups, to help plan fuel stops. I am planning a route right now from the house to Roswell, NM for this weekend and got to playing around in Basecamp to build the route and for the life of me I can't find that place now.

This is the closest I have found to the screen I thought I remember.

mSFzGMn.png

Anyone know where that menu/page/entry place is?

Am I losing my mind?

Last edited:
No clue.

But seriously, would that feature really be all that useful? Your bike can run over 300 miles on a tank can't it? I don't know about your tush, but mine makes me get off the bike about every 100-150 miles whether I want to or not or whether I need gas or not. I just ball park it unless I am going through an area where finding gas might be a serious issue.

Are you trying to plot out an Ironbutt ride? I could see it being useful there where you REALLY want to maximize everything to the last little drop and stop.

No clue.

But seriously, would that feature really be all that useful? Your bike can run over 300 miles on a tank can't it? I don't know about your tush, but mine makes me get off the bike about every 100-150 miles whether I want to or not or whether I need gas or not. I just ball park it unless I am going through an area where finding gas might be a serious issue.

Are you trying to plot out an Ironbutt ride? I could see it being useful there where you REALLY want to maximize everything to the last little drop and stop.

Taking the car, wife and wedding present(s), and a couple of suit cases. I am a data nerd, and is more of an exercise of dag'nabit... it used to show and estimated fuel cost when you click "route info", now it doesn't. Where did it go?

:thumb:

Fill the VW in The Woodlands, drive to Roswell. Do the wedding thing. Fill up in Roswell and drive to The Woodlands.

One tank each way. :deal:

Now I am bored and cross eyed... I know it USED to be there, but I'll be danged if I can find it now.

Put this together since my last post... yes I am bored....

RGC1l59.png

What is the difference between price per gallon and cost per gallon? Should that maybe be cost per mile?

What is the difference between price per gallon and cost per gallon? Should that maybe be cost per mile?

doph.... :doh:

yep... i did say i did it quickly, its always the details that catch you out isn't it? :lol:

I was even dyslexic and wrong on my GS as well. Although I feel like I go 350 miles at times between fill ups. But last time I check MPG it was 37.3. Oh well.

bqCPoqV.png

Last edited:
Found what I was looking for earlier by accident tonight while get the GPS loaded for this weekends road trip.

So it wasn't in Basecamp after all, It is in the GPS... :doh: Still may be losing my though.

sGdGzev.png

d5lUPbn.png

:lol2:

I'm just giving you a hard time because I am a bird of the same feather... :-P

His though, of course, just like he said.
(We ain't right. We may not be wrong but we definitely ain't right!)

I use that function on the Zumos all the time, on the bikes. It is especially nice on the Street Rod which has that lovely Sonar-Pinger-in-a-tortuouosly-shaped-tank fuel sender/gauge that is renowned for giving erroneous readings that can change drastically while you're looking at the gauge.

"Oh, good, I have a quarter-tank left . . . What? Now the Low Fuel Light is on! . . . Oh, good, it's back to a quarter-tank! . . . Now it says better than a half-tank?" (That last thought thunk as you coast to a stop, hopefully not in Friday evening Dallas traffic, E-Flat empty!!!)

Curiously to me, the fuel function will only work if the 550 is in a bike mount but it works on the 660 in either car or bike mount. I think enough folk asked why (/complained) re the 550 that the programmers were told to fix that shortcoming (which would be a "feature" in Apple-speak :lol2:) before the 660 was released, but ????????

Still, and back on topic, that feature does nothing for planning fuel stops prior to a ride/trip like GasBuddy does.

Last edited:
Back