• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Area Dual Sport Rides

^^^^^^^

Nice!

Should have joined you yesterday but couldn't. It was slick out there today. I was only out there for a few minutes and decided against it since I was by myself and since I'm still a rookie riding 2 wheels on dirt, particularly mud. Discretion being the better part of valor and all that.

Justin, And your wife would kill you if you didn't.

:giveup:

Its Bastrop time again. Saturday morning (8-25). Meet at the Texaco, 14400 FM 969, Austin, TX 78724 at 8:15 to ride out, or Buc-ee's in Bastrop at 9:00. KSU @ 9:15. BBQ at South Side after. I passed through on Saturday on my Strom, and the mud bogs were pretty full. Lets get muddy.

Can I leave a truck at bucees ? Maybe I should just call bucees.Hope to be there.

Can I leave a truck at bucees ? Maybe I should just call bucees.Hope to be there.

Given the size of the Bucee's parking lot, I doubt they'd even notice. You can also park where we are riding, its right across the street.

I would love to do this ride sometime! How often do y'all do it & how long does it last? I live in Pasadena so I would truck my bike to Bastrop.

Made it out to Bastrop on Saturday before the big rain storm on Saturday afternoon for a little solo action. Trails were a little wet, but much easier than I expected after reading about ‘em for so long. Gonna head out there again after the next big rain to have a little fun in the mud

hqPgqBj.jpg

Link to a little gif ->
t876xum.jpg

Looks like a great place to ride! I live in Pasadena, so if I wanted to come ride here how do I get there? Is this inside Bastrop State Park?

We've been getting out about twice a month all summer, it might slack off a little in the fall.

The best riding is in the fall, why slack off then?

With the weather cooling off, it will be easier to get out on longer rides later in the day. Bastrop is fun, but its main draw is proximity to Austin. We can get in two hours of riding and still be drinking iced tea in air conditioning by 11:30 :)

I park at the soccer field across the street from Bucees. We used to meet at the fields before Bucees was there. There are a couple of nice shade trees you can park under.

I'm from the San Antonio area and have been riding dual sport for some time and have never ridden the Bastrop area. Would like to join you on 08/25 if possible. Sounds like an intriguing ride and very rarely can you go wrong with BBQ! I ride a Super Tenere, but also have a CRF250L for my more challenging play time. Sounds like the CRF may be suited better for this ride?

I would take the 250. Not saying you can't ride a big bike there but the little one will be more fun.

No sticker needed. Must be plated. These are public streets that never got finished.

I'm from the San Antonio area and have been riding dual sport for some time and have never ridden the Bastrop area. Would like to join you on 08/25 if possible. Sounds like an intriguing ride and very rarely can you go wrong with BBQ! I ride a Super Tenere, but also have a CRF250L for my more challenging play time. Sounds like the CRF may be suited better for this ride?

I've seen Africa Twins and 1090s out there, so its big bike ride-able, but from a fun factor, I recommend the 2-fiddy. We are considering a big bikes only "Pigs in Dirt" day at some point in the fall.

I've been watching this thread for a while and wondering if I dare try these roads on my V-strom 1000. I have been riding street for a while, but am just starting to ride unpaved roads. I might start looking for a small dualsport this fall.

Is there a remedial group for these rides? ;-)

-jcs

I've been watching this thread for a while and wondering if I dare try these roads on my V-strom 1000. I have been riding street for a while, but am just starting to ride unpaved roads. I might start looking for a small dualsport this fall.

Is there a remedial group for these rides? ;-)

-jcs

Plan on coming along on the October and November TARA rides. They are much more Strom friendly.

d77cc28bf83acc3458e0b85b425876eb.jpg
IMG_1097.jpgIMG_1084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    IMG_1084.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 294
I've seen Africa Twins and 1090s out there, so its big bike ride-able, but from a fun factor, I recommend the 2-fiddy. We are considering a big bikes only "Pigs in Dirt" day at some point in the fall.

The 250 it is! Looking forward to the ride. Hope to see everyone at Bucee's before 9:00 AM in the morning! Thanks for insight!

Looks like a great place to ride! I live in Pasadena, so if I wanted to come ride here how do I get there? Is this inside Bastrop State Park?

This is right beside Bucee's in Bastrop. Personally, I wouldn't drive/ride all the way from your place to here just for these trails. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, but I wouldn't want to drive 5 hours round trip to ride for an hour and a half. Just my .02

Back