• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Trails Regular Saturday Ride

R-man knows this spot.
:mrgreen: Who, me? :nana: :lol2:

CIMG0150Copy.jpg

Fun day, thanks for leading Joel.

My carb stopped leaking fuel by the time I was home. :shrug:

I need to spend some quality moments with the bikes, in the oven I call my shop.

Come ride Saturday, Paul.

I will be blasting around the trails again this Saturday, but you can try to keep up...

9am at the Trailhead. I should be good and warmed up by them.

Anybody's welcome, but this one isn't a beginner ride. I plan on keeping moving.

man, wish i could have. i had meetings all weekend, and just got home again. i haven't ridden that area in the video. looks like fun. stay dirty my friends...

MotoTex thought I was trying to pass him so he threw some sand in my face. I was just trying to make good video.

MotoTex I like that crab walking, more than one way to climb a hill. Dems some long legs to be able to do that but I guess it helps the rear wheel of your bike is nearly one foot under the sand surface.

_

Winchester VFD

Howdy all, anyone riding the Bastrop area Saturday? Meriden and I are planning to attend the Winchester Volunteer Fire Department's Annual Fish Fry and Fundraiser Saturday afternoon-evening if anyone wants to join us. M emailed me some more info so I'll paste it here....

The Winchester Area Volunteer Fire Department Fish Fry will be on Saturday afternoon at St. Michael’s Park. The Dujka Brothers (Texas Polka) will be playing from 3 -6 PM, silent auction from 4-6 pm, washer tournament registration at 1pm and starts at 2 pm, live auction starts at 6:30 and fish fry is from 5 to 7:30.

He also suggested going to Murphy's for lunch if you choose not to attend the fish fry but you might call 1st to make sure they're open as some small town restaurants will close on the day of their town's VFD fundraiser out of support.

Hope to seeya there,

R

Not sure. I've got a new Leo Vince to install first and I take my polka in small doses. What's you schedule look like.

Wrenchin' on the KTM and DRZ and doin' miscellaneous chores.

If you leave before hearing from me give me a text or a call. Otherwise I'll holler at you when we head that way.

If all goes well in the wrench department MCB and I may ride the dirt bikes, if you and RMAN want to swing by we can show up as a dirty biker gang. :trust:

:rider::rider::rider::rider:

:eat::eat::eat::eat:

Wrenchin' on the KTM and DRZ and doin' miscellaneous chores.

If you leave before hearing from me give me a text or a call. Otherwise I'll holler at you when we head that way.

If all goes well in the wrench department MCB and I may ride the dirt bikes, if you and RMAN want to swing by we can show up as a dirty biker gang. :trust:

:rider::rider::rider::rider:

:eat::eat::eat::eat:

4:30 sorks for me. I'm guessing that the Mrs and her mom will want to cage it again.

Ran parts of the infamous Bastrop trails today. 100+ degrees and not much water.
Slightly off track.
423ffa82-325f-e358.jpg

Here you go...
423ffa82-328a-47df.jpg

423ffa82-32c2-d2e2.jpg

423ffa82-32d6-1fb6.jpg

423ffa82-32e4-b687.jpg

423ffa82-32f2-ae55.jpg

Hills don't show well on my photos, but yours do it justice.

It's fun out there, huh?

Hey all,

Anyone up for this Saturday (the 18th)? My dad (jimhaleyscomet) and I were thinking about heading up. He wants to try his new KLR650 on the trails. I just finished a lot of work on the 450 (valve clearance, brakes, sprockets) so I'd love a chance to stretch its legs a little bit!

I'm working Saturdays now, so I can't make it.

Anybody else up for a ride?

Sorry Jim, I meant to post sooner.

The new 6 day schedule is messing up my free time!

If I'm riding this Sunday it will be at Rusty's at Walnut Creek, but I doubt I will be able to get out at all. Family life, etc.

Here's the link to Rusty's- http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum/u...gonew/1/Walnut_Creek_Ride_Day_Sunday_A#UNREAD

I think the KLR would be ZERO fun out there, though.

In the late fall I will have Monday's off and can lead you around, IC

It's only Thursday and I'm already highly stressed out from the week.

Two more days of work until I get my 1 day off.

Sunday, I am going to tear the Bastrop Trails a brand new *******.

9am to 12pm, with lunch at Jalisco's afterward.

Meet me at the trailhead at 9am and try to keep up.

I've got demons to beat back.

Pm me if you need the info, but prepare to RIP!

ima hoping to make this one. either way, make sure vidjo camra is rollin...:lol2:

Back