• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Trails Regular Saturday Ride

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
Bastrop Trails Random and Irregular Ride

It's time to make it official. If I can't make it someone else will.

Bastrop Trails Random and Irregular Ride
Some random day unless otherwise noted.
Meet at the Sac-n-Pac at the corner of 21/95 in Bastrop, Texas. [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=901+Texas+95,+Bastrop,+TX&aq=&sll=30.116325,-97.338009&sspn=0.082114,0.169086&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=901+Texas+95,+Bastrop,+Texas+78602&z=16"]Map[/ame]
We roll out at 9am, I stop before 12. Feel free to plan longer rides from there.
PM me for maps, directions, and rules.
DO NOT POST DIRECTIONS ON THE OPEN INTERNET! PMS OR WORD OF MOUTH ONLY!

It will be rare that no one shows, but it is a good idea to post your intentions here to make sure.
From now on, the Slippery Hill will not be the first thing we hit!
If you need to trailer, you can park on the trailhead or at the soccer fields. Again PM me.

Last edited:
Cool, I'd like to try them again under better circumstances than last Saturday.:rofl: No clutch on that heavy 650 was hardly a cakewalk.:mrgreen: I'll bring a smaller bike next time.

Would like to make this someday on our KLRs. Sounds like some parts may be difficult on that big of a bike. Are there easier routes around some of the tougher spots?

Todd

Would like to make this someday on our KLRs. Sounds like some parts may be difficult on that big of a bike. Are there easier routes around some of the tougher spots?

Todd

It's a whole load of tracks, you can easily bypass any section that is too difficult.. I personally reach my limit after about an hour, I like to go and visit places, but these trails are great fun for an hour or maybe two!! I would think that riding them every weekend would soon become boring, but that's just me.. I definitely want to do another Rman ride, that was just brilliant!!

Gary

Last edited:
I ride out there most Saturdays, so I figured I should just post a standard meet spot and time. I also know there will be weekends I can't make it others can. I don't like to ride dirt by myself, at least not too aggressively, and I don't have the chance to travel very often....

... so there you go.

Riding the same lines does get a little old, but by reversing direction and forcing different lines, it's not too bad. The powerline trail has multiple options on every hill. I must admit, I do enjoy it a lot more when I can follow someone who doesn't know where they are going.

As of this moment, my plan is to be out there. If that changes I will post here.

You can add two more for this Saturday (6/4). My buddy will bring his KLR and I will bring either my DR250 or street legal CRF450X.

Is this ride too much for the KLR?

Another street legal CRF450X!! I'm not unique :eek2:

The KLR would be fine, they are sand trails with lots of loose gravel..

Gary

As for difficulty, I've seen guys riding these trails on everything from a 250s to an 800. There are technical sections where experienced riders will be challenged and sections where novice riders can play for a few hours pretty much risk free.

As for difficulty, I've seen guys riding these trails on everything from a 250s to an 800. There are technical sections where experienced riders will be challenged and sections where novice riders can play for a few hours pretty much risk free.

A few years ago I took my S-10 down one of them while following my gps...

So where do we meet up?
I'm riding a street legal KTM XCRW but would need to know where the trail head is to figure out where to unload the bike from my truck.

It had to happen. I post up a re-occurring event and my office sends me out of town.

I will be out on the trails this weekend, June 4, but will be out of town for the next two Saturdays, June 11 and 18.

It's not like I own the place, so please ride without me, but dang.

Apparently there are TV emergencies up in Dallas my services are required to handle. I'm hoping my office will let me stuff the bike in the van so I can ride a little while I'm up there, but it is doubtful.

I'll be there tomorrow morning, I hope to see some others. :mrgreen:

Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll be there but I'm not sure just how much off-roading I'll be doing. My armored road jacket and armored over-pants don't flow a heckuva lotta air. But I'll be happy to putter around and see how dirty I can get without breaking something or dehydrating. :eek2:

And yes, I'll be armed with a hydration pack. :thumb:

Add two more to the list. We are leaning to the dual sport side (DR and KLR).

See y'all in the morning.:rider:

Whooo hooo! I'm the first one back. :clap:

Normally, being first is a good thing but being the first to bail on the ride isn't.

Let's just say this was an eye-opening experience that highlighted both strengths and weaknesses of both rider and ride.

But it was 100% a blast (minus the little get-off that I'm sure Joel will share a little later).

Thanks, Joel. I will be back. :thumb: :rider:

Jthompson finishing the Slippery Hill with style. Even though he smelled like rat snake excrement.

BexarWolf giving it a go. Don't sweat it man. I'm glad you came out. This is why I'm not doing this hill first anymore.

A bad video of Knobbly finding a new line. For the record, he rode back down and ripped it right back up.

Besides myself and the above, we also had in attendance Webnel, Dedsmurf, and one more who I didn't catch the handle of. Seven riders was a good number to keep up with.

Beside the heat, if was a lot of fun, no one got hurt, and no mechanical trouble befell us. Score!

I would have had more video, but it seems I turned on my camera as I put it in my bag. I have 1 1/2 hours of the inside of by bag, just in case it's stolen.

Have fun the next few weeks. I'll be busting my tail up in Dallas.

Back