• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bates Bomber motorcycle boots... review, thumbs up

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,
My old boots were falling apart after eight years hard use. So, I shopped around and bought a pair of Bates "bomber" boots. Here is a link:

Fit was true to size, and I wore them today riding my MV Agusta. I am very pleased: no stiff leather break in, comfortable, extremely high quality and made in USA. Price is very reasonable given the boot quality. Love the real Vibram soles, and the heel is high enough so I have plenty of length for a 32.5 inch seat height. I give five stars out of five.
Poodle approved.

Attachments

• Bates_boots .jpg
    Bates_boots .jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 246
I love Bates tactical boots. Have worn them for years. I hope the sides are vent material. Wonder if Academy is going to carry them? I want some. Do they have side zipper? Edit. Just noticed no old man zipper. I'm going for the brown high top size 10 1/2 reg.

Sides appear to be vented, important in summer. No idea Academy. No side zipper this model, but very well designed large entry, and large back/top pull leather loop helping get them on. Really, these are fantastic boots, I rarely give five star reviews.

If Academy doesn't have them I will order. Bates sizes have always been normal for me. Thanks for posting a real good looking boot.

Bates was excellent on mail order: easy returns if not satisfied, or right size. I found their sizing to be "true". Go for it.
I think quality boots are a big safety contribution when riding a motorcycle. Also, I just like a well fitted, well made pair of boots that last.
These new ones will be old friends soon.

Back