• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beautiful day to play hooky

Reaction score
My wife and I both ditched the kids at school and took off work for the day to go ride. It was a beautiful morning, cool but not chilly. We left Kingwood and headed up to Cleveland. I really like riding 1725 to New Waverly, so we took that and enjoyed the lazy curves and almost no traffic. From New Waverly, we took 75 to Phelps, then did some zig zagging to get on 247 towards Leona. We saw exactly ZERO cars on 247. It was beautiful. We just rolled along at a lazy pace. We did see 5 horses and probably 30 prisoners. Had no idea 247 went past the prison. Many of them stopped work to watch us pass, and we wondered if some of them had not seen a motorcycle for years or if they would daydream about riding one when they got back to their cells.

On up to the Pecan Grove Cafe for lunch, and wooo mama! It was good! Thanks for the suggestion in the 3hrs from Houston thread. After lunch, which included some pecan cobbler and ice cream, we took 75 to 90 then to 149. On through the national forest and to Montgomery. 105 to 1314 to home sucked but we don’t rate our rides by the frustrating parts. Just remember the good parts.

Got another few beautiful days coming up. Get out there and rotate the air in your tires a bit. It’s good for em!

I was stuck today, tomorrow (Thursday) I'm going to be out and about!

My wife and I both ditched the kids at school and took off work for the day to go ride. It was a beautiful morning, cool but not chilly. We left Kingwood and headed up to Cleveland. I really like riding 1725 to New Waverly, so we took that and enjoyed the lazy curves and almost no traffic. From New Waverly, we took 75 to Phelps, then did some zig zagging to get on 247 towards Leona. We saw exactly ZERO cars on 247. It was beautiful. We just rolled along at a lazy pace. We did see 5 horses and probably 30 prisoners. Had no idea 247 went past the prison. Many of them stopped work to watch us pass, and we wondered if some of them had not seen a motorcycle for years or if they would daydream about riding one when they got back to their cells.

On up to the Pecan Grove Cafe for lunch, and wooo mama! It was good! Thanks for the suggestion in the 3hrs from Houston thread. After lunch, which included some pecan cobbler and ice cream, we took 75 to 90 then to 149. On through the national forest and to Montgomery. 105 to 1314 to home sucked but we don’t rate our rides by the frustrating parts. Just remember the good parts.

Got another few beautiful days coming up. Get out there and rotate the air in your tires a bit. It’s good for em!
Sounds awesome and Pecan Grove is great.

Nice.

Now that I am no longer suffering the "heat clock", I plan a ride tomorrow afternoon. Not 8 AM. Afternoon ride will happen, when my schedule works best.
Could be a long one. Glad I have both Italian ladies maintained and ready to go.

Nice.

Now that I am no longer suffering the "heat clock", I plan a ride tomorrow afternoon. Not 8 AM. Afternoon ride will happen, when my schedule works best.
Could be a long one. Glad I have both Italian ladies maintained and ready to go.
I think you are near me. It was tough not to jump on the Triumph today.

I'm on this hideous warehouse move from hades until the end of the month, then they can KMB cuz I ain't missing this riding season!

best time of year to ride on Gulf coast, spring is windy and winter is wet...another reason we plan on moving out of here next year

Back