• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Becoming a Harley Owner, Will It Hurt?

I mean, it can't be any worse than your Aprilia, that leaked from the same seal several times and needed the engine pulled and coolered and shipped off for rebuild at crazy low miles.

I bet it's not as fun or scary as the Aprilia either. :D

Edit: It's a cool bike, enjoy!

Last edited:
You mean like this

1615377616589.png

I like my Glide, as it has the "floorboard" style position, highway pegs position, (best ever) and if the passenger rests are on, I can flip them down for another different stretch position. I couldn't ride a single position bike for long, I meed to move around a bit as well.
That's a good point. I have my highway pegs low where I can stretch out my legs, use the floorboards, rest my heels on the boards and toes on the pegs, or put my heels on top of the highway pegs.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

That's a good point. I have my highway pegs low where I can stretch out my legs, use the floorboards, rest my heels on the boards and toes on the pegs, or put my heels on top of the highway pegs.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

I had two sets of pegs on the crash bars for a spell for even more options, but broke one off forgetting to fold them up getting into a tight spot.
Need to revisit that scene. And get out of the dang garage!

Does it come with a Do-Rag and leather chaps?
Don't forget the all important leather vest and you gotta go sans shirt.

Not my cup of tea but hey, if you like it. If I went HD, it would be a Road King pretty much standard and I would have gotten a smoking deal on it.

Enjoy the Harley.
I find it amusing to read all the negative comments and wonder why my Harley doesn't fit their stereotype. My FXSTS is a 1995, bought new. My wife gave it to me for my birthday in 1995. Maintenance has been no different than any other brand motorcycle. I have had to buy new tires twice. Replaced the taillight bulb a couple of times. Battery lasts the same as they do in any motorcycles. Drips less oil than a chain drive bike drips off the chain. Never have to add oil between changes. Always starts up and has never left me stranded. It is made of metal and so it doesn't have any faded plastic. Still shines like new at 26 years old. I like just about ALL motorcycles and have enjoyed owing and riding Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki motorcycles through the years. If I had the garage space I would probably have more motorcycles, just because I like them and it would be nice to have different bikes for different purposes.

Attachments

• Harley_FXSTS_1.jpg
    Harley_FXSTS_1.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 98
Enjoy the Harley.
I find it amusing to read all the negative comments and wonder why my Harley doesn't fit their stereotype. My FXSTS is a 1995, bought new. My wife gave it to me for my birthday in 1995. Maintenance has been no different than any other brand motorcycle. I have had to buy new tires twice. Replaced the taillight bulb a couple of times. Battery lasts the same as they do in any motorcycles. Drips less oil than a chain drive bike drips off the chain. Never have to add oil between changes. Always starts up and has never left me stranded. It is made of metal and so it doesn't have any faded plastic. Still shines like new at 26 years old. I like just about ALL motorcycles and have enjoyed owing and riding Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki motorcycles through the years. If I had the garage space I would probably have more motorcycles, just because I like them and it would be nice to have different bikes for different purposes.

Nice scooter it is a year newer than mine. I am pretty sure it will be fun to ride, I just have some issues to work through, with the bike not me, and it will be riding on along. I have enjoyed how easy it is to work on, I have about 6000 pages of manuals for it, cause my buddy that sold it to me is that way. The biggest issue I find, is which thing to put on it, there is such variety for them you have trouble taking it all in.

Back