• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beeline new user... google maps to GPX and import?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

Santa brought me a Beeline for my rides, it is an interesting simple concept. I have found their iPhone app, and method to plan and set a route extremely clumsy. I think it is easier and preferable to plan a route using my laptop and Google maps, and save it. But: how to save, convert to GPX format that Beeline accepts, and import.

Any help appreciated.

thanks in advance

That thing looks cool. No idea it even existed. From what little I know of exporting Google Maps to GPX, you need a third-party tool, and most of those have passed on. I am now researching this further as I like the simplicity of the Beeline device.

Use google My Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/about/mymaps/
Create a map, add "directions" to get a track, then click 'Menu' then export:

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 8.32.36 AM.png

Then upload that to GPS Visualizer, and export as GPX. Cumbersome, but works.

Now that Jeff mentions it, I've done what he suggested in the past, and it works. Cumbersome is a good word for it, but at least it works. I'd forgotten because it was more of a proof-of-concept when I did it before - I didn't have anything that needed a GPX file (still don't, actually).

I'm interested in hearing how Beeline works for you once you give it a try. I like the form-factor and the concept, but I guess your tracks need to be perfect if you trust them with no view at all of the map.

I have used this before, don't know if it still works. The old gMapToGPX was really cool, but gmap changes broke it. Now I just use gpsvisualizer.com or share.mapbbcode.org/
The last one uses Bing sat images that are sometimes a lot better than google's.

Much appreciated, I plan on using the Beeline this Saturday to navigate. I will see if I can import a GPX instead of spending huge time and frustration building a route on my iPhone Beeline App.

I have been otherwise busy and no time to play with Beeline... suggestions on GPX imports much appreciated! I will update as I try to figure this gizmo out.

Back